five

my y/n

i write to you hoping this letter sees you in the best health. firstly, i wanted to split this letter into two parts in which you will distinguish later on. secondly, i have an invitation for you.

it seems as though you have discovered the secrets of ymir. i never wanted to lie to you, but i knew from the day of utgard castle of her true being. i promise you, ymir never held any ill intent towards me. following this, i want to apologise for the things i did the day that you saved me. frankly, i wouldn't have needed saving if it wasn't for my own stupid self.

i didn't know how i wanted to say this to you, but i told ymir to take me. my dearest y/n, i think i'm in love with her! as much as you will always be my sister, i know i am in love with someone i can no longer be with. my heart aches daily with this knowledge. and so i would like to apologise for being so selfish, not thinking how you would have felt if i disappeared that day. although i miss ymir with every inch of my soul, i couldn't imagine a world where i couldn't see you, or even write to you.

this brings me onto my second reason for writing this letter. that night, when a man came to collect me was all due to my status. i'm sure you know who i am. your historia reiss. however, i'm sure you'll also not know the meaning behind who i am. reiss bloodline is the rightful descendants of the throne. the reason why i had to change my name was to protect that from outsiders. therefore, it has come into light that i am the true heir to the walls, following the death of minister nick.

with this new advancement, commander erwin is doing his best to elect me queen. and thus we are brought onto the invitation. i, historia reiss, would like to invite you to my coronation.

all my love, your historia.

dinner amongst the unit was awfully silent and tense, the only sound being the shuffling of newspaper commander ezekiel was reading.

"commander, have you heard about the minister?"
alora broke the air of silence surrounding the group. with her words, the commander inhaled and just as quickly sighed disruptively.

"so you've heard too?" he finally questioned, setting the newspaper down onto his empty plate.

"of course, do we know who did it?" she furthered her inquiries between mouthfuls of food.

"not yet. we've set up a diversion with the rightful owner to the throne." the mention of this caused me to snap my head up, the fork in my hand feeling the consequences of my tightening grip.

"ah, y/n. care to share?" ezekiel teased, knowing my relationship with historia, the rightful owner to the throne.

"what about a diversion?" i spoke through gritted teeth.

"ah, don't worry. we won't hurt your precious historia. just using her as bait." ezekiel seemed to have an amused tone laced harshly into his voice.

"tell me, ezekiel." i demanded, causing him to hysterically laugh.

"alora, anouk, aidan please give us five to have a chat." the three reluctantly left their seats and gathered in the living room, away from the conversation.

"the real historia and eren will be "kidnapped" by jean and armin. however the fakes will be kidnapped by the people that actually want them. the people who killed the minister." ezekiel eased my mind, putting air quotes around "kidnapped". as long as no one that could cause historia harm came near her, i had no issues.