eleven

"i think i should open an orphanage here too." historia smiled to herself as a gentle wind brushed her hair from her face.

"it's too soon, we've only just retook wall maria, there may still be titans this far out." i balanced out her irrational thinking with the harsh reality, although we walked through the meadows behind wall maria, we could be attacked at any minute. however, the survey corps promised every titan had been cleared. at least with the many she had built within reach of wall rose, they were safer from disturbance.

"maybe in the future." historia grinned, easing her mind.

"can i ask you something?" i questioned once we grew silent, the only sound being an influx of wind and birds singing from the forest areas surrounding us.

"of course." historia halted her walk to look me in my eyes, taking my hands in hers.

"after you found out about marley, did anything come back to you? maybe of frieda?"

"nothing. but i wouldn't sweat it, i'm sure she had a reason not to tell you, or us."

"it doesn't make sense though, why did i have to find out about her after all those years. and why did you think she was your sister?" i grimaced, so many questions coursing my mind that it began to grow as a headache in my brain.

"for your protection. you had to find out about the titans the way everyone else did, or you would have met the same fate as your parents." historias face softened as she mentioned my parents, the topic still sensitive despite all those years passed. one of the first objectives historia set out on following her coronation was research into my parents death. although the leads were few and loose, she linked it back to the military police. we had supposed since then that their daughter being a titan shifter had something to do with it. although frieda could remove others memories, it appeared to not work on immediate family - or she chose not to. for that reason, my parents must have died in vain of frieda. that's why she revealed herself after those years, with the absence of my parents who couldn't protect me, she led me to be an adolescent with historia. somewhere she knew was able to frequently visit.

"y/n." historia softly whispered once she noticed my spacing out, causing me to retrieve my composure and smile towards her.

"let's head back." i simpered, starting to advance back through the beds of flowers with my arm behind me, forcing historia with me.

"race you there." historia shouted behind her as she sped past me, causing me to shake my head with a laugh. despite her head start, i managed to catch up with her and gave her a grin as i passed her, picking up my pace.

"no fair!" she threw her arms up in protest as she finally reached me. i waited for her, my arms crossed over my white summer dress as she came into view.

"you cheated!" i laughed as her lips curved devilishly, the pair of us in hysterics as we reentered the newly built manor. as we passed the gate, a herd of children noticed our arrival and began sprinting over to us.

"historia! historia!" one flew into the blondes arms as she crouched down before her, the child in a frenzy of tears "eren said if i don't eat all my carrots he'll feed me to the titans."

historias eyes widened as she tried to console her laugh, however gently patted the girls head to stop her from crying. the girl instantly felt safe in historias arms, and squealed as she was hoisted onto her hip.

"shall we go teach him a lesson." historia grinned, causing the others around her to cheer as they flooded back into the house. i proceeded into the cooler house behind historia, noticing levi and his recruits all gathered in the living room.