Chapter 16: Dance The Night Away💖

Jay was fast asleep on a sunday morning.

The doorbell rang.

"Aaa Jake aa...please get that will youu...."he mutters as he hugs his pillow tighter. But Jake doesn't seem to budge.

The doorbell keeps ringing.

"Aish!" Jay wakes up in a grouchy way to attend to the door.

He swings it open.

"Why are  you creating a ruckus this early?!" He says without seeing who it was.

"Uhh...I am sorry Jay yah..."Rara is standing right there.

"Uh? Rara? You...I am sorry,I didn't know it was you...I am sorry..."Jay is pleasantly surprised to see her here. He invites her in.

"Miss me already?"he asks cheekily as she smiles.

"Actually...I came here to see Jaey-Jake..."

"Oh...him..."Jay is slightly disappointed but nods.

"I will fetch him for you then..." He goes into their room.

He taps Jake's arms.

"Aish...don't wake me up!" Jake mumbles in his sleep.

"Rara is here to meet you."

"What?" Jake jumps up in surprise.

"She is in the living room, don't make her wait. Come out."Jay says coolly as he goes out.

Jake quickly gets out of bed to go find her.

"Rara!" He smiles wide when he sees her standing there.

Jay sighs, "I will leave you two to talk then..."he is about to leave when Rara holds his hand.

"You don't have to,we don't have any secrets among us."she says,making his heart flutter.

She turns back her focus to Jake,who doesn't seem very pleased with their sudden closeness.

"Why did you come here so early in the morning? Do you have anything to say to me?" He asks coldly.

She reaches out into her sling bag in response and shows him the ring box he left for her the previous night.

"Aah...you don't have to thank me..it's your birthday gift." He says carelessly,but she goes up to him and takes his hand,putting the ring box on his palm.

"What are you doing?" He asks in shock.

"Returning it."she says in a matter-of-fact manner.

"But why? You picked it yourself,saying you liked the design and all..."

"It is not meant for me Jake,it never was!"

He goes silent.

"I know,I bought it for Liyah...but...I forgot to give it to her...anyways you liked it and it's your birthday so-"

"So you thought you could dispose it off on me?! What am I even to you? A recycling center? Someone who will accept all the trash you throw?!" She cries.

"Look. I don't need trash you brought for your trashy girlfriend. That too from you-"

"Don't bring Liyah into this again!"

She sighs.

"One day you will understand. You idiot." She cries and leaves in a hurry.

"Rara yah...Rara!"Jay quickly grabs onto his coat and runs after her to console her.