Chapter 28: She found me

Rara got up early on Saturday for the game.

After getting dressed,she stood in front of the mirror.

She had decided.

________________________________

"Alright,let me announce the playing order!" Badminton coach Mr Park announces to the team.

"Jihoon will play the first singles.
Taeyong and Jaehyun for the doubles
And Jay takes the final single."

The boys nod.

"The national selectors are here today to watch your game. So you know what to do..."

"Smash it!" The boys cheer together.

Today was their big day. If they managed to catch the eye of the selectors,they could gain an entry into the national squad.

Jay was strongly motivated. Today was his big chance.

He wished she would come. But she knew she wouldn't. She couldn't.

Today was Jaeyun's game too.

He sighed.

And just then he heard his name being called out from the bleachers.

"Jongseong aa!"

He shot his head up to look in the direction.

There she was,smiling as she gave him a thumbs up.

"She came..."he couldn't contain his happiness.

________________________________

Jaeyun watched the stands. Students all cheering for him and the team.

But it felt incomplete.

Rara used to come to his every game and scream at the top of her lungs to cheer for him. He didn't think much of it back then.

But only now,when she won't show up anymore,he realises she was the one he played to impress every game.

(Flashback)

"The goal you made...oh my gosh...you are a soccer god seriously! Obliterated the opposition!!" Rara was singing his praises as he chuckled.

"That was nothing,come to my next game,I will show you more." He grinned.

"Of course I will! I will never miss any of your games!Promise!" She squeaked as she held out her pinky finger.

"So childish..."he groaned as she chuckled.

"Yah! Sim Jaeyun! It's a promise! We should stamp it! Come on!" She chased him as he walked away

(Back to present)

"Guess this is the result of not stamping it back then..."he sadly smiles as he looks at his pinky finger.

He missed her. Terribly.

"Yah! What are you doing? Now is not the time to be spacing out! Go get changed! Our game is starting shortly!" His teammate called out. He nodded and went in.

Commentator:
Korea Uni Vs Yonsei Uni , a heated rivalry! Who will take home the win today?

The players from both ends stood in a line,eyeing each other.

Today was an important game,the national selectors hd come to watch,they were going to give it their all.

Jake,being the captain shook hands with the enemy.