Chapter 31:Leapforth

(4 Years later)

"And now in this Valedictorian Ceremony,we announce the Gold Medallist...." The Dean of the prestigious American University of Medical Sciences looks up at the hopefuls lined up in front of him in the audience.

She smiles. It was a no brainer. Every knew who this was going to.

"Rara Oh!"

Thunderous applause followed a confident young woman walked up to the dias.

She bowed as she was presented with the honour.

"Please say a few words for us."

Now the stage was all hers.

She looked at the audience. Full of professors,colleagues,seniors and juniors,all eyes waiting for Dr Ra Ra oh.

"First I must thank all my professors and classmates who have always been there to guide me. You moulded me. I will always be grateful.

And...my mom...I love you so much. You are a god-send to me,you are my blessing. And I am always thankful for that. I couldn't have been where I am without you. I love you ....mom.

And to all the friends I made throughout these years,who have always stood by my side. You all are the best gifts I could have asked for. We will always have each other's backs.

And as a doctor,even attaining that title is so holy. I promise to put in my life to service,and to be able to heal people."

Her speech receives thunderous applause as she smiles.

"Dr Oh. The students have a few questions for you. They are eager to learn from you. " The Dean smiled and Rara nodded with a smile.

A blonde haired girl got up to ask her question.

"Well...I have always been curious. Most people who are as accomplished as you are,often end up becoming surgeons,however you have chosen to go into physiotherapy...why is that?"

Rara smiled as she held the mic and bit her lip,thinking for a moment.

"Well...it has always been that way for me. No matter,had I been a gold medallist or not,I would have always gone down that path.

Now,all of us have different experiences in life,which mould our thoughts and shape our future. You might experience certain instances and in life which lead to you deciding what you want to be your life like.

Most of us over here,have at some point,faced an incident which steered us towards this profession. That's the same with me.

"I used to have a friend. Someone I knew since I was a kid. We would do all sorts of things ranging from jumping over fences to climbing up trees." She chuckles recollecting the memory.

"Well,one day it so happened,we calculated our physics wrong and we fell off a tree. My friend boke a few bones and was in extreme pain. We took him to the doctor. A sweet old lady who gently out on a cast on him,and gently made him do the physio exercises to heal him.

That's when I promised him,I would become a physio some day,so that I can always help heal him." She smiles and hears a lot of 'aww' ing and giggling in the hall.

Some guy randomly asks, "are you guys still together?!"

She remembers the bittersweet memories and gently shakes her head.

"I haven't seen him in a long time. We aren't in contact anymore. However,it is because of him that I fell in love with this profession. Now,I can heal more people,and I am very grateful for that."