GTA

Michael had recently gotten a copy of GTA. He hadn't told any of his parents he had it. He knew Emma would freak out and make him return it, and (Y/n) probably wouldn't care but end up accidentally telling Emma.

So, he kept his game hidden in his room and only played it when he knew his parents weren't home. Today was one of those days, his parents were in a meeting with their manager and Michael was at home with another friend.

He was at home with another friend and they were going to choose a video game to play. They ended up playing NBA 2K for a bit before they got bored.

"What are we playing now?" His friend asked, stepping into the room. "Is that GTA?" He added, seeing the game sitting by the TV. "Don't tell my mum I have it. She doesn't like me playing it, thinks it's too violent and stuff." Michael told him, shutting the door. "Alright. Let's play that. And I won't tell her. My parents don't care if I play it." He agreed, sitting on the bed and grabbing a controller.

The two continued to play GTA together, both of them not realizing Emma and (Y/n) had arrived home. She heard them playing video games upstairs, but she didn't know what they were playing. "What are you two doing?" She asked, walking over to where Michael was sitting.

"Oh, just playing video games." Michael told her, turning the TV off. "What were you playing?" She asked again, noticing how he turned the TV off so fast. "Well, we were just playing the Xbox." He explained, and then she saw the game box. "Is that GTA? Really? You know how I feel about you playing that. You shouldn't even own the game, it's for people who are eighteen and over. And last time I checked Michael, you are not eighteen or over." She reprimanded.

"Also, hello Dylan. How have you been?" She asked, motioning to his friend. "I'm good Miss Watson. How are you?" He told her. "I'm doing well, but please don't call me Miss Watson. That makes me feel old." She shared. Michael and Dylan shared a glance, and she took the game before leaving the room.

"Well, that was better than I thought it was going to be." Michael mumbled. He had fully expected her to yell at him, but she didn't. Probably because Dylan was over but either way Michael was grateful she didn't.

Once Dylan left and Michael had finished his homework, he went downstairs. He sat on the couch and went on his phone, scrolling through Instagram. He heard his mum talking on the phone with someone, and it was on speaker since she was probably doing paperwork.

"No, I confiscated the game. Him and Dylan were playing it but I don't know if you let him play that either, so I just took it." Emma explained, and Michael presumed she was talking to Dylan's mum. "He plays that all the time. It's not as violent as everyone makes it out to be, at least from what I've seen." Dylans mum explained.

"Well then, I'll think about it and maybe Michael can play it. I don't really like violent games like that but if you say it's not that bad then maybe I'll give it a shot." She reasoned, and then Michael couldn't hear the rest of the conversation. He put in his AirPods and did his own thing, playing some queen while browsing through Instagram.

Emma left her office soon after, sitting next to Michael and taking her book out. He made himself comfortable on her shoulder, going back to his phone. Emma pressed a kiss to his forehead, and they spent a little while staying like that until dinner.

Eventually, (Y/n) had stumbled upon the game and figured it was Michael's. He knew Emma probably took it, so he sneaked it back into Michael's room and put it with his other video games.

From then on, Michael and (Y/n) played GTA together, much to Emma's displeasure. She had heard other opinions on the game, but she personally didn't like it and still thought it was violent.

(Y/n) had convinced her to let him keep playing it, but he had to play it with (Y/n) so there was parental supervision and he couldn't buy any of the new ones. Michael was still happy he could play it, because he could still play it with his friends. He still didn't play it when Emma was home, because she would still tell him it was violent and he shouldn't play it.

He continued to play the game and Emma eventually stopped scolding him for it, but only after he could recite her entire speech about the game from memory.