Baseball

Today Michael's had his championship baseball game, and he was currently getting ready. He had his uniform on and his hat, and he grabbed a pair of sunglasses before he exited the bathroom.

He went downstairs, seeing Emma getting ready to go, and (Y/n) still having his coffee. It was a chilly day, so they both were in sweaters and such.

"Are you nervous?" Emma asked, giving him a hug. "Not really, maybe a tiny bit." He responded, grabbing something to eat. "You'll do great, and even if you don't win we can still go get ice cream and order a pizza." (Y/n) told him.

"Alright!" He agreed. "Michael, go get your stuff or else you'll be late." Emma instructed, and he went off to grab his baseball gear. Once he had everything, they got in the car and went to the field.

Once they got there Michael went right off to his team, and Emma and (Y/n) took their seats in the bleachers.

The game started shortly after, and Michael's team was winning. Michael had batted a few times, hitting the ball nearly out of the field. He managed to score two points out of four.

Finally, the game was nearing its end. This was the last inning, and the teams were tied. It was all up to Michael, and it was one of those cliche grand slam opportunities.

He hit the ball, it nearly flying out of the park. He managed to make it to third base, attempting to run home and score the winning point.

He dived into home plate, just as the catcher caught the ball. "Safe!" The umpire called out, making the crowd cheer. "Yay Michael!" Emma cheered.

One thing nobody noticed was how he hadn't gotten up yet. The coach noticed however, because he rushed to Michael. At this point, both Emma and (Y/n) had noticed. "(Y/n).. he's not getting up." Emma whispered, shaking his arm. "Why is he not getting up?!" She continued, getting nervous. (Y/n) intertwined their hands, not taking his eyes off of the scene at home plate as the coach rushed over.

"Are you alright?" The coach asked, helping him up from the ground. "Yeah, fine. Just my ankle hurts." He mumbled, sitting down on the bench. One of Michael's friends parents who happened to be a doctor was able to check his ankle.

"It's most likely a sprained ankle. I can give you a wrap for now, but you'll have to go to your doctor and get it checked out for proper treatment." He told him, and Michael nodded. He put the wrap on and helped Michael up, and he made his way to his parents.

After explaining the diagnosis, they put Michael's baseball stuff in the car before driving home. He took a quick shower and put the wrap back on his ankle before going downstairs and sitting on the couch.

They all watched a few episodes of Dr Who before the pizza had arrived. They all had victory dinner together, and Michael had kept his foot elevated per Emma's instructions.

Once he was ready for bed, he said goodnight to his parents and went upstairs. He texted Sadie for a bit, telling her all about the game and how he hit a home run before falling asleep for the night.