Childhood Friends

(Y/n) and Emma's families were good friends, so the two had seen each other a lot. Both of them had teeny crushes on the other when they were younger, but they evolved once they got into high school.

The two weren't very close anymore, and they only saw each other with their families and the two school classes they shared that Emma was never there for. She did miss (Y/n) but he had never reached out to her, so she just liked him in secret.

Emma had always been busy with acting, which caused a rift in their friendship and made it awkward. (Y/n) never saw Emma anymore, and when he did she was too busy with her actor friends to even spare him a glance. He liked her, but thought she didn't like him anymore, so he tried to get rid of his feelings for her, but it didn't work.

"(Y/n)! The Watson's are here! Come say hi!" His mother called up to him, making him come downstairs. He didn't know what he was expecting, but he certainly wasn't expecting to see Emma there.

"Hey guys!" He waved, and Jaqueline immediately gave him a hug. "It's wonderful to see you (Y/n)!" She cheered. "It's nice to see you too Ms. Watson." He told her, and she waved him off. "Please, I told you to call me Jaqueline!" She shared, and he nodded. "Alright Jackie!" He smiled, giving her a new nickname.

Emma was watching from behind, feeling nervous about seeing (Y/n) again. "Emma, you remember (Y/n) right?" (Y/n)'s mum asked, and she nodded. "I do!" She answered, smiling at the woman.

(Y/n) and Emma made eye contact briefly, him sending her a small smile and her returning it. The families sat and talked for a few minutes before they had dinner, (Y/n) and Emma sitting next to each other.

Once they all sat down, they started eating. (Y/n) and Emma's hands kept brushing against the other's, and each time it happened they would go slightly red. By the end of the dinner, their hands were interlocked under the table.

(Y/n) was told to go show Emma his room, so the two went upstairs and just sat around. "You've changed a lot you know." Emma pointed out, (Y/n) looking at her in confusion. "So have you, you're famous." He told her. They didn't talk that much after they, but they did move closer to each other. Emma rested her head on (Y/n)'s shoulder, the two enjoying the close contact.

"You know, I always liked you. I know you thought I ignored you, but I was just too nervous to talk to you." Emma blurted out. "Really?" (Y/n) asked, and she nodded. "Really." She confirmed, and before any of them could process it, they were kissing.

After twenty minutes of making out, the Watson's had to leave. Emma gave (Y/n) another kiss before she left, and they had decided to give dating a shot. From now on, things would really be looking up for the both of them.

(This is so rushed I apologize but I hope you enjoyed!)