Brownies

Emma had gotten out all of the supplies to make brownies, and Michael had came rushing in to help his mother. He loved to bake with her, but he also loved when she did it on his own, because his favorite brownies were made by his mother and whenever he helped he didn't think they tasted as good as when his mother made them all by herself, mainly because he always forgot to add enough sugar when he helped.

Emma had always baked brownies for Michael ever since she made them once when he was two and let him have a small piece, and he ended up loving them and making them his favorite dessert now.

All Michael had done was get his mother the supplies she needed, and then went out to go get his Spider-Man action figure before coming back into the kitchen and sitting with her while she baked.

Christmas music played in the background as Emma baked the brownies and Michael watched, occasionally playing with his toy he had brought with him. Michael had always liked to steal a bit of the batter to eat, which Emma was not too happy about.

"Are you making brownies?" (Y/n) asked, running into the room. Emma laughed and nodded her head. "I am, would you like to help?" She offered, and he nodded. "You can be in charge of the batter." She decided, handing (Y/n) the batter bowl. When her back was turned, (Y/n) took the spoon with a bit of batter on it and handed to Michael for him to eat. "Eat it quickly!" (Y/n) whispered, and Michael nodded.

The boy took the spoon and ate the batter immediately, and then giving his father back the spoon when he was done. "It's good!" He told his father, Emma overhearing them. Unfortunately, she had caught them in the act as soon as Michael had given (Y/n) the spoon back. "What do I always tell you? Don't eat the batter!" She scolded, and (Y/n) just shook it off. "Sorry mummy." Michael apologized, and she just kissed his cheek in response. (Y/n) took a bit of the batter on his finger and smudged it on Emma's cheek, making Michael laugh.

Emma went to get a dish towel and wipe the batter off before rolling her eyes playfully at the two and lightly slapping (Y/n)'s arm. Soon enough the brownies were in the oven and now all they had to do was wait for them to bake.

Twenty minutes passed, and the brownies were now out of the oven and cooling down. Michael was waiting right by the brownies and ready to eat them when his mother said they were cooled enough. "Alright, wait two minutes while I cut them into pieces." Emma told Michael, and she went and grabbed a knife. After she cut the brownies into equal pieces, Emma handed one brownie to Michael, one to (Y/n), and one for herself. They all ate their brownies, and Michael loved them.

"Those are my favorite brownies! They're the bestest one ever!" He told his mother, grabbing another one. Emma smiled and let him have another. (Y/n) also went to grab another brownie, but Emma slapped his hand away.

"What was that for?!" He whisper yelled. "Let him have them!" Emma told him, and he shook his head. "Why?" He asked, and she motioned over to Michael. "Look how happy and cute he is!" She gushed, taking a video of Michael eating the brownies with the biggest smile on his face. "He's totally going to get a sugar high after this." He mumbled, and she nodded. "Yeah, but if we just let him play outside he will have a sugar crash in half an hour." She shared.

Lucky for (Y/n) Michael handed him a brownie and gave Emma one more before he picked up the last one and ate it. (Y/n) devoured his brownie, and Emma saved hers for later.

After Michael finished his brownies, he wanted to go play in the snow. They were in London for the Christmas holidays, so there was a lot of snow for Michael to play in. After Emma helped him put all of his snow gear on, he ran outside and started to build a snowman. A few minutes later (Y/n) came running out to help, and Emma took pictures of the two playing outside. Eventually she came out as well and they all finished building a snowman.

They went inside soon after since Michael was getting too cold, and they all warmed up by the fireplace. Michael was playing with his action figures, while Emma and (Y/n) were cuddling under a blanket on the couch. This was the perfect moment for all of them, and they spent the rest of the day inside doing fun activities and splitting Emma's brownie between all of them.