16

3rd person's POV

"You're alive" Hyeju said as Hyunjin gets in her car and the former keeps the remote away as the one and only bomb already exploded. They asked Yeji to plant bombs all over the place, but only one bomb is real, the others are fake.

"Of course, I am. She can't even point the gun towards me properly" Hyunjin said, looking at the building in front.

"What's your plan?" Hyeju asked, stepping on the gas, driving away from there.

"Kill Jeon Jihyuk" Hyunjin said, caressing the gun she got from there.

"How about his wife and daughter?"

"Keep them alive, they did nothing harm to us" Hyunjin answered

Hyeju can only nod and stare at her. She doesn't know how long have Hyunjin was hiding her relationship with Heejin, but she knows that it's difficult to do. She understands why Hyunjin didn't tell her and she respects her decision.

-

Hyunjin sat at a table together with her sisters and cousins while her phone is receiving several text messages from Heejin. She decided to ignore it and turn off her phone not glancing at Heejin's direction.

"You're really gonna ignore her?" Jiwoo asked while eating chicken thighs.

"Judging from her looks, she got beaten up" Jungeun said

"Look, Uno" Jiwoo puts down the bone of the chicken she was eating and look at her cousin.

"I know how smitten you are with Heejin" Jiwoo paused, drinking some soda.

"And it's fine. We're just gonna kill her dad. I'm mad at Jihyuk, not at her" Jiwoo said

"We're gonna kill her father" Jungeun said

"Y'all think it's okay to her?" she added

"I don't know. Uno, go and ask her" Hyeju said, eating pizza.

"I don't want to" Hyunjin said

"Hey, Jeon, Uno wants to talk to you" Jungeun said to the girl in the other table.

Heejin looks at their table, meeting Hyunjin's dark orbs. She heard her curse Jungeun, before looking back at her, gesturing her to follow her.

They ended up in the empty basketball court, Hyunjin sitting on the bleachers while Heejin just stand there.

"We're gonna kill your dad" Hyunjin said, making Heejin look at her. There's so sign of shock or something in the latter's face.

"What can I do to help?" Heejin asked and it's Hyunjin's turn to look at her in the eyes.

"You'll help?" Hyunjin asked and Heejin nods.

"I asked him about what you told me and it's true. He doesn't deserve to live after doing those" Heejin said in a serious tone.

"Are you for real or you're tricking me again?" Hyunjin examines Heejin carefully. Focusing on every small detail of the girl's movement, trying to figure out if she's lying or not.

"I've made up my mind when he was beating the shit out of me the other day"

Hyunjin pats her lap, gesturing Heejin to sit. The girl didn't move a bit, so Hyunjin take her bruised wrist and pull her gently.

Hyunjin trace the mark around Heejin's wrist with her forefinger and look at Heejin with the look she always give her. Her other hand travelled to the back of Heejin's head to lower it a bit, so she can plant a kiss  Heejin's eyes. There's two visible black eye around the girl's beautiful eyes.

Her eyes wander off to Heejin's neck and see few bruises and cuts. She rolled up the girl's sleeve and saw something so much worse.

Another reason to hate Jeon Jihyuk.

"Let's go to the hospital" Hyunjin said, but Heejin shook her head.

"I'll be dead to him if I go to any hospital in South Korea" she said.

"We'll fucking go to Japan then. Let's get you treated" Hyunjin said

"I'm so tired to travel, Uno and besides, I'm just fine" Heejin said, clearly lying.

"Let's go to Ryujin's condo. I'll treat your wounds" Hyunjin said, making Heejin stand up and brought the girl to her car.

"It's not really necessary" Heejin said as Hyunjin's parked the car in front of a pharmacy.

Hyunjin looks at her with a cold yet loving stare before telling her to shut up. Hyunjin gets off her car and went to buy the things she needs to treat Heejin.

She went back quickly and drove to Ryujin's condo. They get in Ryujin's unit and Hyunjin pulled Heejin into the guest room. Of course she got Ryujin's permission before going there.

"Take off your upper garments, just leave your bra on" Hyunjin said authoritatively and Heejin obliged.

Hyunjin stare at the plain white polo that Heejin just take off and see stains of blood on it. She gets a hold of herself, not wanting to go off to Jihyuk without a concrete plan.

"Tell me when it hurts, alright?" Hyunjin has been speaking to Heejin with that cold tone, but her eyes speak otherwise. It's full of worries and concern about the girl.

"Okay" Heejin responded

Hyunjin started by cleaning Heejin's wounds on the back with a gauze pad soaked in saline solution. Heejin hisses and Hyunjin started blowing air gently to the wound as she cleans it.

Heejin felt Hyunjin's lips on her back as the latter moves to clean the most painful wound she got from her father. She grips on the sheets tightly and close her eyes, biting down her lower lip. Hyunjin is doing it so gently, but still, it's so painful.

"It's almost done" Hyunjin whispered and blow the wound again.

Hyunjin was done with her back, already covered the wounds too, and now, she's moving to Heejin's front.

Hyunjin didn't look anywhere where there's no wound. She's looking respectfully as she tries to finish up quickly. She finished up with Heejin's front and move to the girl's arms.

Once she finished covering all the wounds, she stood up from the bed, making her way towards the closet to get a loose tank top and help Heejin to wear it.

"I'll make lunch for us. You stay here and take a rest" Hyunjin said, leaving the room to make food in the kitchen.

Heejin let out a smile and look at the patches on her arms. She stands up from the bed and followed Hyunjin to the kitchen, sneaking behind the girl and hug her from behind.

"I'm sorry, Uno" she said with overflowing sincerity.

"I love you" she added, making Hyunjin sigh.

"I told you to rest, right?" Hyunjin turned around and look at Heejin. She picked her up, holding the back of the latter's thighs, bringing her back to the guest room.

"No 'I love you too'?" Heejin asked as Hyunjin tuck her under the sheets.

Hyunjin hesitated, but gave in after Heejin gave her a puppy eyes, "I love you too. Now, rest."