23

Soojin's POV

We captured Jihyuk. We got him. I was the one who located him. I'm gonna brag about this to Ryujin.

I let out a proud smile, but it slowly fades away as I hear Uno's cries. She was screaming in agony. I looked at Heejin.

"DDAENG!" Hyunjin cries out.

Ddaeng...

Ryuddaeng...

I run towards the room. My heart breaks into a million pieces when I saw Hyunjin hugging Ryujin's body. Blood pools around them.

I dropped on my knees. My sister...

"Ddaeng..." I crawl towards them and Hyunjin looks at me with those pained eyes.

"Soojin" she called my name, but my eyes landed on Ryujin's face.

Why...

Why is she bleeding?

Why is she not opening her eyes?

Why does she look so pale?

Why is she not moving at all?

Why?

Why....

She locked up in Hyunjin's arms.

I can't understand.

I refuse to understand what's going on right now in front of me.

My hands find its way to cover my mouth as I grieve for my friend. My best friend, my sister, my soul friend...

Shin Ryujin, why?

Why did you leave me?

You didn't even wait for me, Ryu.

They're trying to make Hyunjin let go of Ryujin's body, but Hyunjin was stubborn. She cries and cries for our friend.

I took all my courage and held Ryujin's once soft cheeks. It's cold. She's cold.

I hugged her. I'm sorry, Ryujin.

If I knew... If I knew, I wouldn't have made fun of you yesterday. If I knew you would leave me, I would've hugged you tightly. If I knew, I would've told you how lucky I am to have you. I would've told you how much I value and treasure. I would've told you that I love you.

I love you, Ddaeng.

My sister.

-

3rd person's POV

They carried Ryujin's body to the vehicle. Hyunjin and Soojin looked at their best friend. Their eyes are still tired from crying.

All of them put their right hand on their chest as they did their salute to their fallen assassin.

"You did great, Shin Ryujin," Ju said, smiling sadly, glancing at his eldest, who looked like she was about to pass out if she didn't stop crying soon.

"You will be remembered forever. Thank you for saving my daughter. " Kim Ju did a 90° bow and closed the van's door.

Hyeju hugs Hyunjin as the latter cries her heart out. The former is extremely worried about her. She couldn't even cry even if she wanted to, because Hyunjin looks like she's about to give up soon.

"Ryujin-ah" Soojin called out Ryujin's name.

"Uno... What am I supposed to do now?" Soojin spoke.

Hyunjin let go of Hyeju as she slowly kneeled down in front of Soojin.

"Soo, I'm sorry," she said.