The Threat Is Gone

I did it because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said I couldn't.

"Are you ready?" Luke asked as they sat just inside the exit for the garage.

"To kill this bitch? Yeah, I've been ready to get rid of her for a long time," Cleo sighed before closing her eyes.

"You got her?" Nick asked from the truck he was sitting in with Daisy as Cleo opened her eyes a few moments later.

"Ten blocks north and then ten blocks East" Cleo replied, glancing towards the truck with glowing eyes.

"I'll let you know when we're across the street from Verena," Luke spoke as they stepped out onto the street.

"Feel weird to you to be sidelined like this, too?" Nick asked once Luke and Cleo were out of view.

"So fucking weird! I hate this, but I guess that's how Cleo's been feeling for the past month," Daisy replied, glancing over at him.

The pair was surprised to get a text from Luke with a photo of the building Verena was hiding in within ten minutes of the couple leaving. Before Nick and Daisy were halfway there, Luke sent another text asking them to grab their clothes from where Cleo had hidden them. Daisy found herself nervous about Cleo and Luke going into what they all knew was a heavily fortified warehouse without backup. Before she could say anything to Nick, he threw on the lights to get through the traffic, having felt the same as Daisy.

"I'm picking up at least twenty bodies inside," Cleo spoke to Luke through their link

"Can you tell where she is?" he asked as they sat across the street in an alley.

"There's a panic room in the northeast corner; that's where she'll head as soon as the alarm gets sounded," Cleo replied, glancing at him with her gold cat eyes.

"Escape routes?" Luke asked.

"I blocked them as soon we got here," Cleo smirked, "She's picked up the spell, time to get to work."

"Yes, ma'am," Luke bowed even though he was much larger than her in their leopard forms.

Verena could hear the sounds of screams growing louder a few minutes after she had been alerted to a security breach. She knew Cleopatra was finally coming after murdering Pedro a month before, but Verena had no clue that Cleo had found her match. As the doors to the panic room Verena was hiding in blew open, a boulder of fear slammed into her stomach. Cleo's black leopard padded through the smoke first, but the outline of a larger animal stood just behind her. The pair could smell Verena's fear seeping from her.