Getting to Know a Queen

Who do you turn to when the only person in the world that can stop you from crying is exactly the one making you cry?

"Do you have a kitchen? I cook when I'm stressed," Cleo asked Daisy as they entered the base.

"Yeah, straight through there. I'm not sure what we have in the kitchen. I'm going to put your bag in one of the rooms," Daisy smiled, pointing at the kitchen door.

"You'd be surprised what I can create with the most random ingredients," Cleo smirked, walking towards the kitchen with Elle behind her.

Elle silently watched Cleo bustle around the kitchen as she got up out of the way because Elle knew Gibbs and Vance would have her stay at the SHIELD base with Cleo. Elle grabbed a random bag of chips that she found and started looking through Cleo and Pedro's files.

"You were a programmer?" Elle asked, looking up from her laptop

"That's the polite way to say I was a hacker at one point and time," Cleo chuckled, "It's a pretty extensive file. Ask me anything you want to. I'm a pretty open book."

"Do you want to split the work, and I'll go through Pedro's file?" Daisy asked, walking into the kitchen as well.

"I can also answer pretty much any questions you have about him. We grew up together when I moved to New York as a kid," Cleo spoke, chopping vegetables that she found.

"Alright, sounds good," Elle replied, "Care to elaborate on the hacker thing?"

"Yeah, I'm interested in that too!" Daisy exclaimed, getting a chuckle out of Cleo.

"I got really bored as a kid a got into programming and then discovered that you could identify holes in other people's programming, and it just escalated from there. I got caught and then did my time by creating a lot of the security that you hacked your way through" Cleo shrugged, tossing the vegetables into a large pot.

"I will admit that was some impressive firewalls that you created. I had to work to get in, and because of that, it alerted SHIELD, and here I am several years later," Daisy chuckled, "What are you making?"

"My mama's gumbo," Cleo smiled, "Anytime I had a difficult day at school, my dad would make it for me. It's comfort food for me, and my Uncle Vance's favorite dish my mom would make."

"You're Delta Force!" Elle exclaimed, almost smacking her head against the wall she was sitting against.

"I was wondering how long it was going to take you to get to that part of my file." Cleo chuckled, "It's technically highly classified, but I know you have access to it because you're using the SHIELD database."

"That wouldn't be in your file through NCIS?" Daisy asked.

"Nope, it's so classified that the President doesn't even know my real name," Cleo replied, slicing Andouille Sausage.