With Her The Last Time

Note: Italicized texts are lines from the "movie" the Turn.

After the deep thoughts that Cate gave to herself, the blonde realized that this will be the last time she will be seeing her and didn't want to waste this last moment and time of her life. She quickly picks a suit and it was coincidentally the suit that she Rue has the pair. She brought Ruby with her as promised and then headed as fast as possible.

They were there, right beside each other and each time passed by hurt them the most. Watching the movie of love tells their life and it wasn't the most memorable one until Rue couldn't handle the pain anymore.

Cate followed her and some truth was spilled and the most painful thing had to happen right before her very eyes.
______________________________________

Cate POV:

Running in the cinema got me crazy. The traffic was hell and there was no more time for me to catch up. I just had to tell the driver that me and Ruby will be heading first then I will just call him when it's time to be back.

When the doors were opened, she was standing on the stage with the spotlight on her. She was wearing the suit that we used to wear before and it was a coincidence.

So who are you with right now?

I screamed from the top of my lungs and her eyes were now fixated on me. I let Ruby run to Elliot while I was there heading to my seat and gave her a sly smile. A promise is a promise and they are never meant to be broken.

Few minutes after, all the cast and crew headed down the stairs and went back to their respective seats, Rue gave me a look and then sat down.

"I'm sorry Rue."

"For what."

Apologizing was all I could do right now because in a few days, we will be divorced and she deserves a lot of greatness and of course, the apologies that she deserves.

Every single thing that I had to do behind her back, the pain and regret that she had to go through because of my careless and freedom. It was hard for her but there I was there having the best time in my life with the company of others...

When all I needed was just her.

The red curtains open and then the movie started showing. I just remembered on how she had to go through this movie and how it was difficult for her but...

She did it flawlessly. There was no sign of her struggling but then that is where the acting comes in. Seeing the shot that was zoomed on her face, the sadness in her eyes was showed.

Rue was there looking at the screen. Slowly closing my eyes, I reached for her hand and then she held it weakly. It was painful in so many levels but I wasn't expecting her to hold my hand.

Why do you have to be so hard to deal with? I have done everything for you and you will just have to let go because of them?

Angelina's performance was realistic and this was getting my heart pumping real fast because this involves Rue here..

This reflected much of our fight for the past few months and I wonder what will her response be, towards Angelina. Doug, the director of the film, was there behind me and he seems to be talking one of the critics.

Because you never cared! All you do is just go find happiness and try to tell the world you are somebody else! Why can't you just tell me that you're fucking done with me?!

Rue's lines were uttered and it struck me hard. She slowly let's go off my hands and as I looked over her, a tear was running down her cheek.

There she goes letting my hand and it was enough for me to understand that she is clearly done with me-

"Did you know that line was improvised? She had to say what she felt that time." Doug said talking to the critic.

It made it even more heartfelt when it was said to be like that.

Looking at Rue, she was looking down and started to cry. I had some thing planned out so all I did is text Angelina.

Anytime soon Angie.
Please take care of the
kids okay?

Will do. Good luck
with Rue, Cate.

Angelina was at the end of the seat and she nodded in reassurance and I guess Rue could not handle it anymore so she stood up and headed out.

"Rue? What's wrong?" I asked and followed her out.

My driver was already waiting outside and then I guess all the tears blinded her, she went in my car and then I followed her of course because I needed to talk to her.

"Rue, please face me-"

"You just showed up very late? Not respond to my calls and texts? And now you are asking me if I am okay?" She snapped right in front of me.

The driver pushed the button that give us the privacy between him and us here behind because he realized that we were talking about was something serious.

"Please Rue, I still love you. I am sorry-

"MORE SORRY'S?"

Her cries and pain was felt. I kept her closer to me and she kept on hitting me, wanting me to let her go but I didn't.

She got tired and just had to losely rest her hands on my lap. It hurts to see her like this and I am blaming myself for this.

"I love you and I can't let you go-"

She slapped me hard.

“The worst feeling in the world is when you can’t love anyone else because your heart still belongs to the one who broke it.” 

Her eyes were red and the only thing that was lighting up the place were the city's lights.

Rue kept on crying and her hands kept shaking. I slowly held her hand and wiped the tears that was running down her cheek.

"I love you Cate... But it still hurts.."

As she was about to lower her head down, I gently lifted her head and slowly leaned in for a kiss.

I was expecting her to pull away but then she fortunately gave in. Her tears was felt on my skin and same with her. Her kiss was all I missed and I felt complete but I was afraid...

When I open my eyes, I will be back to my tragic reality.