Housemates?

Chapter 9

"You know, I really love your eyes." He said as he settles himself on the couch next to him.

"Hmmm... How so?" he asked trying to juice some compliments. "I just see something in it. It's like there's really is something there that captivates me. It's like you know, seeing the sky filled with stars. I don't know. I'm bad at this." He hid his face in his palm but he can feel his ears burning red as a lighthearted chuckle resonates his ears.

"Oh, my cute Doctor!" He cooed "What are you doing to my poor heart?" He added side hugging him. Then he tried to make him look at his eyes by bounding his hand to him. "I love your lips though. No explanation." He complimented wiggling his eyebrows into which earned a playful groan and an eye roll from the other. "You're so fast when it comes to those things!"

"Well, you love me being like that so I see no reason to change." He said smugly but his expression changes from playful to contentment "Thank you for accepting me Tuaeng. Thank you for encouraging me to be someone I wanted to be and not someone you want me to be, love. I can go on and on about the things that you had done to me by just being by my side but I'll settle for being extremely grateful you stepped late in our anatomy room and being partners with me in that subject." He finishes with a tearful glint of happiness in his eyes. He receives a teasing punch on the chest as he pulled the other on top of him as he lies comfortably on the big couch.

"You're getting my awful sense of humor babe." He muttered trying to conceal his smile as he stares at him with utmost adoration.

"The moon looks extremely beautiful tonight." He said and pulled him closer crashing their lips together in a torrid kiss. "But you..." he said as their lips parted only an inch away from each  other "definitely outshined the moon by your beauty." And this time the latter was the one who closes their small gap. "I love you too Mew, always." He whispered in his ear and nibbled it teasingly.

KANA woke up by the piercing light of the sun coming from the windows. He blinks a couple of times. He was not fully recovered from his sleep when he stood up almost falling back to the bed and went outside of the room wearing nothing but boxer shorts. He needs to wake up fully or he would never have the will to start his day. He goes straight to the kitchen because he feels how parch his mouth was but he halts mid entering in the door when he realizes he does not live in a flat all alone.

Dead on his tracks, Suppasit has a surprised look on his face. He was in the middle of cutting meat, probably for their breakfast. His hand is holding a knife that hangs in the air just above the meat. His eyes are not on the chopping board because it's now focused on the half-dressed man in front of him. He is shocked to say the less because, for the first time in their day three of being housemates, it's the first time he sees Kana with barely anything on.

"Uh? Good morning?" Suppasit greets half unsure if it was a good morning for the latter because he looks like a deer that got caught on a headlight.

Kana seems to snap out of whatever trance he was in, continue entering the kitchen, and walk to the fridge mumbling a dry "Morning" as he opens the fridge's door. He heard Suppasit hums in acknowledgment and also going back to his business not minding Kana at all. Kana took a bottle of water and gulps it instantly almost downing almost half the content in one go.

"I'll be back," Kana said after he closes the fridge carrying the water bottle in his hand. He went out of the kitchen and head to his occupied room and he goes straight to the bathroom brushing his teeth and washing his face. Shit! I look horrible! He was so embarrassed, not because he has no shirt at all but because his face was so bare with shreds of evidence of sleep on the sides of his eyes.

Kana walked out of the room after he throws a white printed shirt. When he returns to the kitchen, he saw Suppasit already preparing the casserole on the stove. "What's for breakfast?" he asks standing next to Suppasit.

"Crispy Pork with Basil." Suppasit answers as he looks at Kana whose eyes are glittering with delight upon hearing the food "Go sit at the table." He ushers him using his head towards the table's direction. "You had a long night yesterday and you woke up earlier today." His voice was filled with worry and his mouth was pulled in a taut.

"Oh come on! I'm getting the hang of it!" Kana protested trying to ease his thumping heart as he walks into the table and sits just in front of the ingredients eyeing them. "I told you to take my offer to stay here 24/7 ." Suppasit bargains yet again "I also told you that Doctor Phana's prohibition for a month just ended and so I have to take his patients because Doctor Kao is still in New Zealand for conference and Doctor Zee was invited to try new gadgets for surgery in America." And Kana backfires. "wait? Why is there asparagus here?" His voice has nothing but incredulous in it while looking at one platelet. "What?" Suppasit recoils but mischief crossed his eyes "It'll be healthier to eat." he said confidently ike it was proven by science.

"No! I don't want asparagus in my crispy pork!" Kana sounds so childish with the way his voice raises a little higher and sharper than usual. Suppasit, who has his back on Kana just simply said "Cook your own if you don't want to eat that precious asparagus." He fires back just as stubbornly and Kana thought that was the end of it but he turns his back on the stove, takes the basil and the asparagus that was placed on a platelet, looks Kana straight in the eye and like a child annoying his enemy more he sticks his tongue out while making faces before he went back to the stove. Kana chokes on his own spit and cough almost dramatically but it ended in an airy laugh.