prologue

SUMMER 2014

Greece’s warm air brushes on my skin as I smile, enjoying the view of the ocean. My mom guides me to the boat, my uncle hugging me tightly.

“How are you Brandilena?” he asks, my lips curving.

“Good. You know you can call me Brandi,” I say, his lips releasing a hardy laugh.

“Of course.”

He drives the boat to his home, the beautiful white house just above the ocean. He takes my hand, helping me off, and I smile.

“How is school?” he asks, walking with me inside.

“Good, I’m going to be a senior so I’m graduating soon,” I say, his lips curving.

“That’s wonderful.”

Once we enter his home, we unpack our suitcases and my mom tells me to go to the main island. I kiss her cheek and take my uncle’s trail, maneuvering my way into the city. I stop on the beach and walk out, walking along the shore.

“Throw it long!” I hear someone yell, my eyes looking across the water to admire the view.

A huge body bumps into me and I stumble back, looking up at him.

“I’m so sorry. Are you hurt?” he asks, his British accent fluent.

“No. I’m fine. Nice catch though,” I say, his lips curving. I begin to walk away and I feel a hand on my arm, my head tilting up.

“What’s your name?” he asks, his bright green eyes accented in the light.

“Brandi,” I smile, his lips curving.

“Well, Brandi, there’s a party tonight on the beach. You want to come?” he asks, my eyebrow rising.

“I don’t know. I just got here. Plus, I don’t know your name,” I say, his teeth bright as he smiles down at me.

“I’m Harry. Besides, the parties here are fun,” he says, my head nodding.

“I’ll see what I can do,” I tell him, his eyes crinkling as his smile brightens.

“Awesome. I hope to see you there,” he grins, jogging away to be with his friends again.

When I get back to my uncle’s house, dinner is ready and we eat together. My mom is happier than ever to be with her brother again. The main reason we came over here was due to my father’s passing. He was in a car accident with me in the passenger’s seat. I was wearing my seatbelt, he wasn’t, and he didn’t make it out. I suffered a few scratches that scars are forming from.

“Do you think I can go out to the beach tonight?” I ask, my mom smiling.

“Sure. Have fun,” she says, my arms hugging her.

After I set a dress on my body and my hair in a bun, I walk down to the beach and smile at the dancing and the happy music playing.

“Brandi!” I turn and see Harry walking towards me, his polo tight and his tan shorts showing off his legs.

“You made it,” he grins, my head nodding.

“You look great,” he continues, my lips curving as I release a laugh.

We walk along the beach and we talk a little, his hand grabbing mine while we walk. I don’t shy away, keeping my hand in his.

“I’m a senior this year,” I tell him, his head nodding.

“I just graduated. Trust me, once you’re out, it’s the best feeling,” he says, my lips curving.

“What’d you want to study?” I ask.

“English. What about you?” I tell him I’m thinking about psychology.

“Cool,” he grins, my head nodding. He leads me to the dancefloor and we start to dance together, his hands grabbing mine and leading my arms to wrap around his neck.

“Where are you from?” he asks, my lips curving as he leans his forehead on mine.

“California. What about you?” I ask, his lips in a smile.

“Holmes Chapel, England. But I went to the US for school,” he says, my head nodding.

“That’s cool. Where are you located?”

“California, actually,” he grins, my lips releasing a laugh.

“Small world,” I grin, his head nodding.

As we dance we make small talk to get to know each other and I find myself laughing and smiling, having a good time with him. It begins to get late and we walk along the beach, my hand holding my sandals while the other is laced through his hand.

“I had fun tonight,” he says, my lips unable to falter from the smile they’re in.

“So did I. I haven’t had fun in a while,” I say, his feet stopping so we can face each other.

“I’m glad I could help you,” he smiles, my head nodding.

I look up at him and brush a loose strand of hair behind my ear, his hand pulling me closer. As I tilt my head up, he looks down at me and smiles before he leans his head to the side. I close my eyes and a light kiss is placed to my lips. I drop my sandals and cup his cheek, our lips beginning to move together.

“I have to go,” I breathe, his lips pressing a kiss to my cheek.

“I’ll see you tomorrow?” he asks, my head nodding. I grab my sandals and start making my way up to my uncle’s house, my head turning back to see Harry pinching his lower lip with a smile on his face.

When I get into the house, I close the door and lean against it. My eyes close as I smile and I feel butterflies in my stomach.

Harry and I become official a few weeks after the party. We spend almost every day together and I feel good whenever I’m with him. His smile is beautiful and takes all the bad away. The summer goes by too fast and I have to say goodbye, his arms restricting me.

Our embrace is tight and my head buries in his neck, his nose in my hair.

“You’ll call me,” he whispers, my head nodding.

“I’ll call you,” I assure him, trying not to cry. His hands are tight on my waist and I hug him tightly, my eyes squeezing shut.

“Don’t worry. We’ll stay in touch,” he promises, kissing my forehead and grabbing my cheeks. My eyes start to tear up and he keeps brushing my cheeks.

“It’s alright. I’ll talk with you as much as can,” he promises, kissing my forehead.

I nod and he kisses me one last time before I have to let him go, my hands holding his tightly. His lips are soft and unrushed and my eyes dry up slightly.

“You gave me the best summer of my entire life,” he whispers, my lips touching his cheek.

“And I have never felt this way about anyone,” I tell him, his nose brushing my cheek as we hug once more.

“I will never stop thinking about you,” he reminds me, my head nodding.

We kiss again before my mom calls me, smiling over at us.

“I’ll miss you,” he whispers, my lips curving.

“I’ll miss you more,” I tell him, his eyes so beautiful. He kisses my forehead one last time before I walk away, looking back and waving before I board the plane with my mom, leaving Greece and Harry behind.

~~~~~~

Hey lovelies!

So here's the new story! It's only the prologue so I hope you look forward to reading this!

Please VOTE COMMENT and SHARE!!!

Love you! <3 xoxo