seven

I’ve stayed at Harry’s house for a week. My mom hasn’t been home and I packed a bag and stayed here. I don’t go to school for I’m scared to face Jason again and Harry has told me that he took care of something for me. 

My fingers braid my hair and I wait for Harry to get home, my fingers cooking the two of us dinner. He arrives home shortly and walks to me immediately, my lips met with his quickly. I’m wrapped in his arms and I cup his cheek, wrapping my other arm around his neck.

“Jason is in detention and near expulsion. They found something in his backpack,” he whispers, my lips curving.

“That’s a relief,” I say, his lips kissing my temple as I let him go to finish dinner.

“Are you going to school tomorrow? It’s Friday and there is the big assembly for prom and what not,” he says, my lips pursing.

“I might. It’s not like I’m going to prom.”

He laughs and kissing me cheek, reaching above me to grab bowls for the two of us.

“I’m chaperoning,” he says, my eyebrows frowning.

“I’m joking. Why the fuck would I chaperone a dance where I can’t dance with my pretty girl?” he asks, my lips curving and blushing.

“Then I’m not going to prom. I want to be with you that night,” I tell him, his fingers grabbing hold of my waist.

“But I want you to enjoy high school. Go to prom and have fun,” he says, my lips pressing together.

“And not have you as my date. No thanks,” I say, his lips pressing to the base of my neck.

“Go with your friends. Please,” he whispers, kissing my neck and running his fingers over my stomach.

“Fine. But I’m not going to go that long,” I say, his lips curving as he laughs into my neck.

He continues his little kisses against my neck and I smile, his lips curved and his arms begin to wrap around me. I’m encased in his arms and he lightly runs his lips along my jaw, his lips pressing to my ear.

“Okay, beautiful,” he smiles, letting me go. I’m blushing heavily and he walks out of the kitchen, entering a few minutes later in a tee and athletic shorts.

We eat dinner together on the couch and my phone rings on the table, my hand grabbing it. I answer it and immediately regret it.

“Where are you?” my mother yells, my eyes closing.

“Away from home for a while. You don’t understand,” I say, her voice loud.

“Brandilena, you get home this instant. I have to speak with you and it can’t be over the phone,” she says, my hand tightening around the phone.

“I’m not leaving. You don’t understand what I’ve been through,” I say, Harry wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

“What have you been through?” she asks sarcastically.

“I was drugged on Friday night and you weren’t there. You weren’t there like a mother should be and that sucks,” I tear up, my upset behavior about her coming out.

“You were too busy with your boyfriend to know that your daughter was in pain. It kills seeing you with men every day that aren’t dad and I can’t handle being in that environment anymore. I’ll be home in a few days,” I say, hanging up and tossing the phone on the table.

Harry brings me into his arms and kisses around my face, holding me to him for comfort.

“Thank you for everything,” I whisper, his lips touching my forehead.