five

Standing in front of the door seems to not only heighten my nerves, but also quicken my pulse. It’s almost ten and I fear I’m too late and Harry has lost hope. After taking a deep breath, I knock on the door and the sound of footsteps is heard. When the door opens, Harry looks at me and smiles. 

“Come in. I didn’t think you were going to come,” he says, my feet stepping into his home.

“Neither did I,” I say. “But I didn’t want to go home.”

He nods and shuts the door, my eyes seeing Chinese takeout scattered on the coffee table.

“Are you hungry? I just ordered,” he says, taking my jacket and setting it on a chair. I sit down on the couch and look at what he ordered, his body sitting beside me. He’s freshly showered and his athletic shorts show off his long legs. His black socks are seen and the black shirt on his torso is tight.

“I have vegetable egg rolls, on the chance you came,” he says, my lips curving. He knows my favorites.

I take one and he puts on random shows, my body sitting beside him. We talk a lot, having a good time together. We always do whenever we’re together.

“Do you want to stay the night?” he asks, my eyes looking up at him.

“I-I don’t know,” I stutter, his hands shoveling chicken fried rice into his mouth. I laugh and he smiles, my hand reaching for his. He gladly takes my hand and pulls me onto his lap, my head resting on his shoulder.

“How are you after yesterday?” he asks, my head nodding.

“Okay. Jason came into the studio and asked me out after I told him off. He’s angry that I said no,” I say, Harry slightly brightening at my declination.

“Why’s that?” he asks, brushing my hair behind my ear.

“Because I’m stressed and I honestly don’t want to do that to you,” I say, his arms tightening around me.

“I told you, if you want to go on dates with him, you can,” he says, but I shake my head.

“When I realized you’re the only one I find true comfort in, I decided not to. Plus, he’s a partier and even Porter thinks he’s a shithead,” I say, Harry laughing.

“He didn’t hurt you, did he?” he asks, my head shaking.

“No he didn’t,” I assure him, rubbing his shoulder. He looks up at me and I smile, his eyes glimmering with happiness.

“I really like having you here,” he says, my lips curving.

“I like being here too,” I say, brushing my fingers through his hair.

He bites his lower lip and I smile, kissing his dimple. When I pull away, he grabs my cheek and presses my lips to his. My fingers lace through his hair and I fall backwards onto the couch, his body moving on top of me. There is not a second I worry for Harry knows nearly everything about me.

His arms lift me up and I cling onto him, not wanting to let him go. His arms are tight around me and my hair falls around us, the long blonde locks pushed to the side. I’m carefully laid on the bed and I pull him closer, his hands setting on the sides of my head.

“You have no idea how much I’ve wanted to kiss you,” he whispers, my lips curving.

“Then kiss me,” I say, his smile brightening.

He kisses me softly and he moves his arm down, taking his socks off as his feet. Once off, we keep kissing and my hands hold his cheeks.

“What do you want to do?” he asks, my finger brushing over his lips. My heartbeat is already rapid but I decide I can do this. I know Harry better than anyone and he knows me.