Chapter Five...Committing Treasony

Steven's Pov:

It's been weeks since the incident with White Diamond, and I haven't seen him since. I play everyone for a fool, making them think that I'm fine and dandy but the truth is I'm...I'm confused about my feelings. I mean for crying out loud I'm in love with someone who is inside of me! I shake my thoughts away and sigh.

"Another horrible morning of pretending," I mumbled to myself as I got up from my bed and walked towards the mirror. I sigh and look at myself. I've gotten skinner, I haven't been eating that well either. I just can't bring myself to do it. I frown and quickly change into some blue jeans and a black t and exit my room quietly.

"Oh, Steven~!" I cringed and sighed before a playful smile took over my face.

"Hey Pearl! Good morning." She smiled and twirled around me and hugged me before leading me downstairs revealing all of the crystal gems in the front room laughing and smiling.

"Well look who's finally awake." I turn towards Bismuth and wave.

"Hey Bismuth nice to see you again." She ruffled my hair and laughed before going back into a conversation with Lapis and Peridot. Amethyst and Garnet were stuck in their own conversation, and Connie was...no where to be seen and usual. I roll my eyes and make my way into the kitchen to make myself a light snack to eat.

"Really Steven? An apple again? What happened to a plate stacked to the ceiling with pancakes?" Amethyst said bumping my side and laughing loudly. I roll my eyes and take a bite of the apple.

"I'm just not as hungry as I was when I was younger. I just wanted to lose a little weight." Amethyst rose an eyebrow and lifted my shirt but and gasped. I blushed and quickly pulled my shirt down before running out of the house, not caring that they called my name. I just needed to get out of there but there was no one to run to. No one to talk to. I sighed once more and slowly stopped running and started walking and soon made it to the donut shop.

"Heh...Lars and Sadie use to work here." Memories clouded my mind again of all the time I came over to spend time with them. I shake my head once more and walk inside and made my way towards the coffee section and made myself a medium coffee and grabbed two chocolate donuts. I quietly paid for it and walked out making my way to the beach before sitting on it. I take a small sip of the coffee before sitting it to the side and turn my attention to the donut bag.

"Hey, Steven~"

I pause and look to the side and see Marty sitting next to me. I paid him no mind and continue to grab a donut and eat it.

"Didn't your dad teach you any manners? I said hello!" I sigh and face him.

"Hi...what do you want?" He smiled and placed his arm over my shoulder and pulled me close towards him.

"Ya know I'm selling a few things at my house maybe you'd like to try some of it?" I roll my eyes and take his arm off from around my shoulder.

"Like I said many times before to you Marty, I don't want any drugs from you because I don't do any drugs." Marty scoffed and placed his hands in his pockets.

"Come on Steven! All the kids are doing it now and days."

"Well, I'm not like other kids." He sighed and looked away making me think I had one this argument again.

"Hey Steven, here's your coffee." I turn and see Marty hold my cup with a smile. I take it from his hand and glared at him.

"Why are you smiling?" He shrugged and looked to the side before chuckling to himself.