Chapter Seven...Roadtrip!

3rd Person pov:

Pearl sobbed in a white rag as Steven loaded the last bag in his small red car. Garnet and Amethyst stood by and waved sadly towards their departing friend.

"Does he really have to go? Amethyst said in between sobs. Garnet nodded and lifted up her glasses to wipe her falling tears away. Steven closed his trunk and turned towards his friends sadly.

"I...I'll miss you guys." The three ran towards him and engulfed him in a group hug and cried together. They soon departed and stood off to the side allowing Greg and the others to hug Steven.

"Hey have fun and be careful little man." Bismuth said fluffing his hair causing him to laugh.

"Don't worry I will." Peridot stood off to the side sobbing with Lapis patting her back.

"He's really leaving." The blue female looked down towards the shorter woman and smiled.

"Yea but it's ok. We can always visit him." She whipped her eyes and nodded.

"Yea I guess so....but what if we went with him?" Lapis narrowed her eyes.

"You know Steven is leaving because he needs to get away from all of the gem stuff right? So why would we go with him?" Peridot smiled and held her hands in her own.

"Well to keep an eye on him of course! What if something happened to him out there? Or worse what if he crashes his car and dies?!" Lapis giggled and shrugged her shoulders.

"Alright Alright...how about we sneak off later tonight and follow his trail? We can always ask Greg for a map." Peridot squealed and ran towards the barn to pack. Lapis sighed and gave Steven a final looked before sprouting her wings and flew away towards the barn.

Steven sighed and opened the driver seat door but before he got in he gave the group one last final look and smiled. "See you all soon." They waved and watched as he got into the car and drove off. Rouge was in the passenger seat messing with the window having it go up and down.
"Steven...how can windows move?" The curly-haired male sighed and shook his head.

Their trip was long as they stopped by a few sightseeings and took pictures by them.

"Who knew someone could make the world's biggest yarn ball?" Rouge nodded and crossed his arms.

"Yes...this would at least take 23 days, 17 hours, and 5 minutes to make for a human." Steven looked towards him and chuckled.

"And how long would it take you?"

"Approximately three days since I don't have the struggles of a real human."

"Lucky." Rouge rose an eyebrow in confusion.

"How does that make me lucky?"

Soon they were off again visiting the dinosaur museum. A few beaches, went to a few diners, and finally they made it to Oregon. Steven had parked the car on the side of the road and got our proceeding to crack his back. Rouge got out and examined the large trees in the area.

"I have never seen trees this big Steven. Even your forest doesn't have trees this big." Steven nodded and yawned before crossing his arms.

"Your right...these trees are almost as tall as mountains." He smiled and took a picture on his camera before telling rouge to get next to the trees and pose. He walked next to the tree and held waved with an expressionless face. "Ah! What did we say about smiling?" Rouge nodded and smiled wide causing Steven to sigh. "N-No no do a small smile like this." He did a small smile causing Rouge to blush and nod. He did a small smile having Steven smile and get his camera ready. "Ok! 1...2-"