Chapter 6

I had 4 suitcases full of pretty much everything I owned. 2 of them contained all the clothes, and 1 for all the tinned stuff I had. The last one had all my martial arts equipment. I held them very close to my heart.

Wainwright military base was about 2 and a half hour's drive away. I was just about to start the car when a group of 4 children rounded the corner, running as fast as their stumpy little legs would carry them. Behind them was a zombie, and it was catching up fast. A Swift.

I grabbed my sharpest katana from where it lay on the seat next to me, and launched myself out of the car. I dashed toward the children, shouting

"Get in the car!"

As I ran towards them, the Swift seemed to... trip. I dismissed it, and slashed at it's neck. Blood sprayed everywhere, and the Swift collapsed. I looked down at myself, only to see my favourite shirt was soaked. Damn.

I staggered back to the car, and grabbed a clean shirt. I stepped back into my house and cut my shirt off. After I put my new shirt on, I stepped outside and plunged my katana into the ground. I pulled it out, slightly dirty but without deadly blood.

I had to make sure of one thing though...

"Are you kids ok?"

A chorus of 4 "yes"s came out of my car. Good.

*    *    *

"Next!"

The nurse was looking pointedly at us.

"Come on midgets, time to go."

A/N

I'm sorry I haven't been uploading. I've been going through a really hard time in my life, with my mother being diagnosed with cancer. I'm going to try and align my upload schedule with Crystal's, but no promises.