Chapter 13

"Nancy!" I called out to her as I spotted her at the desk. She placed a pen down and glanced at me.

"Yes? Have you also forgotten to give in medical supplies as well as Alex?"

"Wha- no,  no I haven't. I'm here because I may need to make a report."

"Ah, of course! Come around and take a seat. Did you bring your notepad?" I approached her warily. Nancy could be... exuberant at times.

"Yes, I did." I clicked my pen and held it over the notepad.

"Ok, so she appears to have no recent wounds or abrasions, but she will still have to do the 8-night tie-up period, she has no lung or heart problems, she says she hasn't been in close contact with zombies since the fight, and her medical condition appears to have intensified, now requiring twice the morning and evening exercise with regular exercise through the day, but she could also have PTSD."

I stared at her, and looked down at my notes - 'No recent wounds'.

"Could you repeat that, please? Maybe slower?"

*          *          *

After eventually managing to get the report down, I sent it to the Base Commander.

Being a Group Leader was stressful. Being in a constant state of hyper-awareness was draining, and left me exhausted. On top of that, I didn't even really enjoy it. The Raiders that I had were snide, and preferred to do what they wanted rather than follow safety protocol. Something was going to give, and soon.

A/N:
Yeah, I had mock exams until the 3rd of December. And then the routine was broken... Whatever, motivation is back, and so are regular uploads!

Next Chapter:
139 views OR
12 votes.