Chapter 15

A/N:
At the start this time! Look at that! Anyway, I'm going to need names for some Guard Group Leaders and Raider Group Leaders, as they will be much more prominent in this book than the original. So, I will have 4 of you naming them, first come, first served.

GGL1 = Asra

GGL2 = Sam

RGL1 = Nico

RGL2 = Mike

Ok, off you go!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Break!" Asra called out, panting. He looked at me incredulously. "How on earth did you get this fast?!"

I was also breathing quite heavily; I hadn't practised in a while, and these Group Leaders were good. "Years... of dedicated training... and also genetics."

Asra let out a breathless laugh, and winced as his bruised ribs protested. "I think you need to join our training group, and fight with Sam. He's faster than I am, maybe he'll be able to get a few hits on you."

I didn't expect to be invited to train with others this quickly, but I wasn't going to complain. After hours of slamming this guy into the training mat, I was more than ready to move to a new level.

"If you're ok with it, then sure!"

A few days later, I was regretting my decision. Nico and Mike worked extremely well together, but they weren't that fast. Asra and Sam however... I had a lot of bruises.

"2 vs 1... isn't fair..." I was fed up with being out of breath.

"It's fair when you're that fast!" Sam spoke coherently, nowhere near as winded as I was.

It was damn near impossible to fight them together, as I'd have one in front of me and one behind at all times. The only way I could land a hit was to focus on one of them quickly enough that the other one was unable to swipe at my back. Even then, it was easy to miscalculate.

"I may be fast, but speed can only take you so far." After 2 hours of intensive training, I was more than ready to call it quits, and take a good long shower.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N Ok, I've been caught up with work recently (apparently being employed takes up time), so this is what I threw together. Sorry for the wait. Next chapter will be less of a goal, so if you guys chip in, it'll be out very soon.

Next chapter:
46 views OR
8 votes.