Prologue

This is a newt x (Y/n) fanfic.

I don't mind how you read this, just ENJOY.

BY TheDerpyDeer

Let's get on with the show 😉

----------------------------------------------------

I suddenly awoke from a nightmare. It had been the same one for weeks.
WICKED officers coming in and ripping me and my brother from our parents' arms.

We screamed and wailed, but they didn't care. They're heartless monsters.

It was another day of classes and training, every day was the same, wake up, freshen up, class by 9:00, lunch from 12:00 to 12:30 and then back to classes until 5:00 and finally training from 5:00 until 8:00. Then straight to bed.

I was in a room with a girl. Sonya, my best friend. We would have so much fun together after lights out when everyone was supposed to be in bed.

Although we never went to bed, we snuck around at night trying to find out more about WICKED and maybe find both of our brothers.

We crawled through the vents, looking through the vents that led into different rooms.

Although Sonya didn't remember her brother's name or what he looked like, she just hoped it would click when she saw him.

They wiped our memories the day we got here, but I still remember some things, and I will never forget what they did to me and to my family. I do hope someday I will see both of them again.

We stopped when we got to a closet room. The room's door had been barricaded for years, so the only way in was the vents. It was also deep underground, meaning nobody could hear us.

We had no chance of being caught, so we were loud as shuck. Being goofy, dancing, singing, playing games. That room is the only reason me and her even had a childhood.

Although we always had to go back before sunrise so as to not be caught out of bed.

----------------------------------------------------

Today, when I made my way to class, my teacher, Mr Ratman otherwise known as Janson, was there.

"Welcome, James." The man ushered me through the door.

"I already told you my name is (Y/n). Not James, and it never will be James."

"Someday you will realise the things we have to do are for the greater good."