Prologue 2

The next day, I didn't feel like going to the spot, so I slept instead, only to be awoken by a rustling in the vent. Since it was only me and Sonya in the room, I felt comfortable talking.

"Sonya, I already said I'm not coming. Just go by yourself. No matter what you say, the boys will. not. kill. you."

I heard the vents squeak open and her walk closer, so I pulled the covers over my head.

"Hey, could you please come? It's lonely without you. You could sleep there and we'll wake you up when we need to leave."

I didn't expect their voice, as they pulled the covers revealing my face and our eyes met. It was...    Newt

He looked at me with pleading eyes, pouting slightly. I've got to admit it was shucking adorable.

"Fine." I let out a sigh. His eyes lit up, and he grabbed my hand, pulling me out of bed to the vents.

When we got to the spot, newt helped me out of the vent and onto my feet. We walked over to the others and sat down next to each other.

"Took you long enough." Sonya stared at me.

"Yea, Newt wouldn't stop talking about you. Where's (Y/n)? Will (Y/n) be coming? That's why we sent him to get you himself." Minho added on. He was gonna say something else but quickly shut up after newt sent him a glare.

I didn't respond, I was too tired.

I had a bookcase right behind me, so I curled up resting my head on a shelf. It wasn't that comfortable, but it worked.

‐‐‐‐------------------------‐-----------------------------

Newt's POV

I was looking at (Y/n) when Minho came close and whispered in my ear.

"You like hiimmmm."

It was obvious I did. He was just so cool yet funny, kind but strong, badass, but adorable. Although Minho didn't need to know that.

"No, why would I like him, I've known him for like a day,"

"Okay, then you won't be mad if I wake him up." He moved closer. I grabbed the back of his shirt, pulling him onto his butt.

"What was that for, I thought you 'didn't like him.' " he looked at me and smirked, raising and lowering his eyebrows.

"Look, he's just tired, leaving him alone. You're lucky he even came. You guys are so annoying." I glared at him.

(Y/n) stirred in his sleep, and that shelf doesn't look comfortable to sleep on. So I scooted closer and wrapped my arm around him, placing his head on my chest.

He snuggled into me, giving me butterflies, and I looked down at his peaceful figure.

Whilst he was sleeping, a strand of hair fell in front of his face, so I pushed it behind his ear, cupping his face.

"Yea, sure." Minho looked between the two of us "suurrrreeee."

---------------------------------------------------

(4 years later)

(Y/n) POV

"You're going to be the first one going into the maze." This is the first time I think I have ever seen Janson actually smile.

"What! You can't - "

"But I already have, so sad you didn't have a chance to say goodbye to your little friends."

It had been 4 years since we had started meeting the boys and me and Newt and I had only gotten closer.

I never even had a chance to tell him I loved him. A tear rolled down my cheek as I thought about it.

"So if you would follow me, please, James,"

"No, I'm not going. You sick people can't do this to me."

Two guards came and started pulling me along backwards. We eventually got to the doors of the elevator, and I was pushed inside. Looking out down the hallway, I saw people running towards me. They were my friends.

Newt was at the front running with all his might to reach me. "(Y/n)!" He called out.

"Newt!" I yelled back. He had almost got to the door and was screaming whilst running.

"I will never forget you," I yelled to him.

"I LOVE Y-" He started yelling when the doors shut. I could hear him pounding on the door, I fell to my knees crying. I think this was the first time I let myself just cry.

They were gonna take me away, erase my memories of him, and put me in a maze to die. I was hopeless. Even with how strong I was for my age, the older guards easily kept me restrained.

I was forced to lie down on a bed, watching as they injected me with the needles. I closed my eyes and then...     darkness

----------------------------------------------------

Newts POV

The next few years were horrible. I had to record statistics of the one I loved through a screen, He had no recollection of who I was anymore.

Seeing him wasn't enough. I wanted to hold him, kiss him, tell him the thing that I never got to say, that I love him.

After two years, they decided that they weren't getting enough data, so they started sending another person from our group every month.

This month, it was my turn. "You know why we're doing this, don't you? It's for the sake of humani-"

I cut Janson off. "I don't need persuading, I'm going in. Let's just make this fast,"

Yes, I was going to forget, forget about everybody, everything but I would be with him. I'm sure there is no other person in the world that I could fall so deeply in love with.

I'll fall in love with him all over again, I'm sure of it.

With that, they started injecting me with random liquids, and I started losing consciousness.

I left my memories behind letting them leave except one, I hung onto that memory, the memory of     

-----------------------------------------------------------

"(Y/n)"

I woke up in a box. The only thing I can remember is (Y/n), but that doesn't feel like my name. It is familiar though.

Wait! My name is Newt...

Then, Who's (Y/n)?

✅️