No spoilers 5

Newt's POV

I went back to find Minho, retracing my steps. I was running at full speed when I turned the corner.

"Minho!," I shouted. He turned to look at me and then jogged to my side.

"What is it shank, why are you so tired?" Minho asked.

"Okay, you're not gonna believe me when I tell you this, but I need you to know that I am being 100% truthful."

He nodded. "What is it?"

"The Maze Ghost, they're real." I was able to get out between breaths.

Minho laughed back. "I'm not a greenie newt, I'm not that dumb. The Maze ghost is just another trick that the"

"No, look at my hand. I'm serious. This is his blood." I cut him off."I lunged and grabbed his leg. He seemed to be pretty wounded, yet he could still run."

"If he is, then there would be blood somewhere else, wouldn't there? Like, on a wall or something."

"Wait, there might be. Follow me."

"We better be quick. We only have a few hours till the doors close."

I led him to the spot where she fell, and there it was, blood. A huge splatter of it on the floor, some of it hadn't even seeped into the rocks yet made it touchable.

Minho bent down and put his hand in the substance. "We'll have to call a medjack to see if it's human blood."

"Then that settles it, we should bring Jeff, Clint has do to the Keeper ceremony soon."

With that, we ran back to the glade. Minho couldn't keep his shucken mouth shut, though, and told everyone about the boy.

When I heard all the grunts of distrust and a few "I bet he's with the creators," I think I finally know why he's never shown herself to us.

he's scared. he's scared of us.

---------------------------------------------------------

(Y/n)'s POV

I watched as Newt showed Minho to the spot where I had fallen over. I wouldn't have if the stupid greiver hadn't bloody impaled me like a shish kabab.

The two boys ran away, I could hear them talking about bringing a 'Medjack' to see if it was human blood.

I needed to get rid of the blood, but how there wasn't any water out here, and I'm not wasting my precious drink on this.

Eddie hopped off my shoulder, running away.

"Eddie, get back here. Where are you going." I whispered, not sure if the boys were still in audible range.

They didn't answer. they just kept running. I followed the little bugger until we reached a Scopers dead body.

I had killed many of these shucks. What did you think I ate?

The little spider pointed to the creature, then down at the floor rubbing up and down.

"Eddie! You're a genius. What would I do without you, bud?" He stood up a bit straighter and cocked his head to the side.

It was as if he was saying,'You wouldn't be able to save your ass without me'.

The more time I spend with Eddie, the better I am at understanding what he's saying. It's like playing a game of charades every time he wants to talk.

I crouched beside the scoper, picking up its goop in both hands before walking off towards my stain.

I put the goop down on top of the blood and started moving it around. At first, it was just smearing, and I thought I had made the problem bigger, but after a while, it was as if there hadn't been any blood there at all.

I stood back and looked at my work. I had done pretty well. Other than the giant pile of Goop that was still there, obviously hinting that someone cleaned it up.

I was still looking at it when I heard from behind me.

"Look, there he is," I could tell. It was newt by his familiar British accent.

I didn't bother to turn around and see who else was there. That was a question that was better left unanswered in my brain.

I just ran once again. My leg was killing me, but I was lucky because vines were going all the way up the wall just around the corner.

I was a very good climber, so it only took me a few seconds to get on top of the wall, Eddie clinging to my shoulder like usual.

Just as I made it to the top, Newt and Minho came swinging around the corner.

I watched as they stood confused before Minho said, "I don't know how he just keeps disappearing."

"Neither," agreed Newt as they turned back around, walking back to the, now non-existent, blood stain.

"Sorry guys, but I can't examine this. It has griever goop all over it." I heard the boy they brought say kneeling beside it.

I smiled and looked to Eddie, who gave a quick bow, causing me to chuckle.

"Good job. Your plan worked." I said quietly, high five-ing my small arachnid friend.

But I wasn't quiet enough as I heard Newt shout below me.

"We know you're there! Show yourself! We're not gonna hurt you!" I popped my head over the side of the wall, which was a very bad decision.

Newt was already looking around for me, and when his eyes locked with mine, it was as if he didn't actually expect to see me.

I quickly pulled my head back panicked. I heard him say to Minho "well at least now we know how he 'disappears', he's going on top of the walls."

I was on the verge of crying, and my breathing became unsteady. I started crawling away from the edge.

What do I do? So I did the only thing I knew how to do. I ran. Like I do with all of these situations, I ran away from my problems.

By the time I got to my feet, I was bawling. But I didn't stop running. The pain in my leg was getting more and more unbearable with every step.

I kept running until my feet collapsed below me. I sat and cried, what else was I supposed to do? It was my fault for walking into the devil's den. Now I'll pay for It.

My biggest dream is yet my most harrowing nightmare.

My wallows were the only thing I could hear that night. I didn't care about the Scopers anymore, I would die anyway.

exhausted, I drifted off to sleep with tears streaming down my face, my spiderling companion curled up beside me.

"Thank you, Eddie. For being my friend." That was the last thing I heard before I gave in to sleep. The pain, emotional and physical, disappearing.

✅️