No spoilers 6

I woke up to Eddie poking me. Before scuttling off for me to follow. I shoved on my boots with a grunt.

Something tells me there will be a lot of running today, so I put on my running shoes. They were a light green, torn, and barely held together.

I stood up running after Eddie. Where's that little rascal going. My leg was still stinging and seemed to only be getting worse.

I couldn't even run at this point. It was more like a limped jog.

My jumping was also affected, so every time I wanted to jump a gap, I had to climb down and back up the other side. My arms were aching by the time I caught up with the spider.

I smiled and sat down, hanging my feet over the edge. They had brought me to the edge (The Cliff), my favourite spot, although I never got to come and just look at it.

The edge is exactly what it sounds like. The maze just stops, and there's a giant bottomless pit instead. I threw a rock into the abys watching as it just disappeared. Anything that went over the edge would disappear, no noise, no object, no nothing.

The Scopers were always here in the night and the boys in the day. But now I didn't care about them, I could finally focus on myself for once, I chucked another rock over the edge.

*Thunk

What!? It just hit something. It landed. I quickly picked up another rock, throwing it down. There was no sound, I wasn't just hearing things, right? What if the sound just came from somewhere else, and I mistook it.

Picking up another rock, I threw it as far as I could.

*Thunk

"I wasn't hearing things. There's something down there. What if it can lead us to the way out? What if it's the way out?!" I looked to my side for Eddie. "Eddie?"

I turned around, and there were Newt and Minho, Eddie imbetween them and me with their tail raised towards the boys.

This was the first time I had realised how much Eddie had grown, when I found them, they were only the size of my hand. Now Eddie's grown to the size of my back.

I quickly rushed back up the wall, Eddie quickly following me behind.

I heard Minho sigh, "I was kinda hoping I wouldn't have to climb."

Running across the walls, Eddie was only being held on by their legs hooked around the threads of my shirt.

Though I kept running, running, running.

Jumping between the walls, I peeked underneath my feet, seeing that the two boys were still following me just on the ground.

With every step, my emotions overwhelmed me more and more.

The pattering of my feet matched the thumping of my heart. By this time, I was a mess of tears.

Looking downward at the next jump, I only saw the boys in the distance. I was gonna lose them. Well... I was gonna lose them, past tense.

My running pattern fell imbalanced as I lost my footing looking downward. I noticed the fact that I was amongst the slippy vines.

But it was too late. My whole body fell over the edge, pummelling to the ground. Eddie is losing grip and getting thrown onto the opposite wall

As my body hit the floor with the loud clunk of my shoes, a feeling of electricity spread up my body, I could taste blood in my mouth and could barely lift my head.

"Get up." I told myself,"Get UP! GET UP! GET UP!!" As I heard the familiar footsteps getting closer, a pump of adrenaline replaced the previous shock.

My body started listening to me and pushed itself onto its front, spitting out the blood left in my mouth.

I was struggling to breathe, staying there for a while as my mind kept coming in and out of consciousness.

I turned my head to the previous corner to see two shadows about to be in my field of view.

They stopped at the end of the corridor when they saw my state.

I tried pushing myself up, but my arms gave out. I clenched my palms into fists, forcing myself onto all fours.

All my limbs were shaking under my weight. Newt proceeded forward, Minho slowly following.

"I swear to god..." I wheezed out. "If you come one step closer... I will not hesitate... to kill you. " I had to take breathers in between my words.

Though, it didn't seem to deter them as they quickened their pace towards me.

I forced myself to my feet. On the third try, I was able to use the wall to steady myself.

As it was one of the longer corridors in the maze, they started running towards me.

"Just stay there. We can help you."

I didn't listen. Instead, I pushed my wobbling legs to fall forward as my pace quickened.

Running with all my might, I only made it a few poorly made steps before being tackled to the floor.

As we rolled, I tried to push the person, but they ended up on top of my stomach holding down both my hands with their's.

Tears streamed down both cheeks as I screamed bloody murder.

"LET GO OF ME! LET GO OF ME! LET GO! LET GO! LET GO!"

Nomatter how much they tried to calm me. I continued thrashing and shouting nomatter the pain wrapping around every corner of my body.

The tears kept flowing, creating pools of them beside my head.

Newts POV:

Running forward, I halted his plans of escape, throwing my body onto his shoving both of us to the ground.

I pushed down both wrists to the stone floor with all my might, positioning myself on top of  his stomach.

he screamed at me to let go, tears pouring out of his eyes. It took all my might to keep the kid in place.

he was a mess, blood coming from her head, leg, and I'm sure many other places.

thrashing underneath, he punched and kicked me. I had to be honest. It hurt like shuck, and I was sure I would have bruises the next morning.

But I couldn't focus on that. All I could focus on was every time his wrists wriggled their way out from under my hands, I grabbed it, forcing it back down.

I thought he would have stopped by now, running out of energy, maybe. Minho stood next to us, just staring.

"Well, dont just bloody stand there, you shuckface. HELP ME!"

He quickly ran behind me, pinning his legs down, getting kicked in the face many times in the process.

How the hell is he still going? I took a good look at his face as his tears ran down both cheeks, staining his neck and hair, mixing with the blood coming from a wound on his head that clogged parts hair together.

It had already started drying, leaving a red stain down the side of his face. As he screamed with all of his might, spit flew out of his mouth, and his face started going red.

His eyes might aswell have been sown shut as he forced them into a closed position. Once they finally opened once again, I got a good look at the terror in them.

My grip on his hands loosened as a natural instinct. he felt it and immediately started punching once again, one hit my gut, leaving me winded.

Seeing him in the state she was in made me sorry for the dude. For some reason, my body fell forward, tucking my head onto his shoulder, forcing my hands under his arms and around his body, and being careful not to put too much pressure.

he hit my back a thousand times after that, but i just kept stroking his hair.

Suddenly, he broke down and wrapped his hands around my back, burying into my neck.

Minho let go of his legs as the screaming, the shouting, and the tears stopped, replaced by silence, other than a small snore coming from his parted lips.

✅️