No spoilers 7

Newt's POV:

"We have to take him back, the medjacks can patch him up," Minho told me.

"I know that, but what if he wouldn't want us to," I replied, it was true. Nobody tries so hard for two years to stay away from us and then wants to join us.

I also know not everyone will be as happy as me to have him in the glade.

"Then what do we do? the doors will be closing soon so pick now, is he gonna spend the night here or in the glade." Minho's right if we bring him now he'll be stuck till morning. It's just a night, not much can happen... right?

"I'm sorry, but I need to do this," I whispered to the unconscious boy, picking him up.

They would see him, everyone would see him, they all usually wait at the doors when we get back this late. The thing he has been fighting so long for, we're just taking it away, it's our fault for going after him.

'I promise, I won't let them lay a finger on you. I'll show you that we're good,' I thought to myself as I was carrying him bridal style.

Minho was leading the way back so I was pretty much just left with my own thoughts the whole way back, I looked down towards the boy in my arms.

Now that I look at him, he's really hot. he has (Your hair colour) hair that goes to his (your hair length). With his eyes closed he looked so peaceful.

I saw his nose scrunch up as he stirred, atleast I know he's not dead. "Shhh, it's okay, we're almost there." I kissed his bloodstained forehead before realising what I had just done.

When we got to the door I saw many boys waiting for us, probably here to ask why we took so long. I tightened my grip on him as we ran closer, everybody's faces changed from worry to curiosity.

They were all crowding around me trying to see him but I didn't let them, instead I just shooed everyone away and made my way towards the medjacks.

I placed him on the bed for Clint and Jeff to help with his injuries. I didn't leave the room for the next 20 minutes,

"I'm sorry to have to tell you this." Clint paced.

"What? Is he alright"

"...no, he has a broken leg, prolly'll have a limp for a while but we'll have to survey him as he heals."

They left the room and I sat down on the bed next to him, guilty. "I'm sorry greenie, you're having to deal with this because of me. I should've had that broken leg. I should've been in that bed."

he moved around in the bed, his hair falling in front of his face. I leaned over and placed it behind his ear, whilst doing this I realised how soft and warm his face was.

'I shouldn't do this, this is creepy. But I can't help it' I thought as I cupped his face. 'Okay, that's it, now I let go'. Before I could pull back he snuggled into my hand, it was so adorable, adorable? Yea, adorable.

I felt like my heart was going to explode. But just at that moment, he woke up,
with my hand,
on his face.

As his eyes opened he tried to talk but it came out grated as shuck.

(Y/n)'s POV:

"It's probably because of how much screaming shouting and crying you were doing yesterday, you've exhausted your throat. You shouldn't talk, just let your voice rest" He smiled at me.

I shuffled back into the corner of the room, my eyes darting around the room, this isn't the maze.

"Where are we?" I was able to croak out, he looked guilty.

"We're... um. We're in the glade." He looked down.

I jumped up, ignoring the aching of my whole body, screaming at me to stop. I grabbed the knife that was on the table beside me, looking to be part of some med kit.

I held it out towards him, and then two others came into the room, I recognised one of them as Jeff, the boy who they called on to see if my blood was human, but I had no idea the other boys' name.

I held out the knife towards them, what am I doing here? My eyes darted around the room looking for something, anything that could help me.

My eyes fell on something very different though, Newt's eyes. They were filled with sadness and worry, why was he worried for me? I'm the one with the knife.

"This isn't the time, Jeff, Clint. Leave." He didn't have to tell them twice, they darted out of the room. I kept my knife raised but my head suddenly felt light and I fell forward catching myself on my hands and knees.

Newt came running to my side and I pushed him off, trying to get to my feet. They wobbled underneath me and I fell, tumbling again. This time though I fell into Newt's arms instead, he picked me up and placed me back on the bed.

"Shuck, dude calm down."

I didn't realise until now how tired I was, but I didn't let my eyes shut, I couldn't, what if something bad happened?

As if reading my mind Newt looked at me "I know you're scared that something bad might happen, but your body's exhausted.

I'll be here making sure you're okay, get some sleep." He sat on the bed beside me with a cloth, with water in it, as it came into contact with something on my forehead i hissed in pain.

I'm not sure when or how but somehow I found myself drifting away to Newt's voice.

===========================

Sorry I haven't updated either of my story's recently, my school just started back up and I have so much work alreadyyyyy, I'll try to keep to a schedule but if I do go for a few days, I'm really sorry but one of my teachers has probably decided they want to torture me with piles of homework.

Hope you liked this chapter and hope you are enjoying this book as much as I'm enjoying making it.

Cya😉

✅️