No spoilers 18

Walking into the homestead I realised I was correct, everyone was huddled around a centre table in havoc.

"Alright people settle" Alby walked to one side of the room catching everyone's attention.

"This new girl has brought with her a new challenge to the glade. She came with this peice of paper" He held it up so everyone could see. "Now if this peice of paper is true then we may no longer be able to rely on the box and we may not be getting any more greenies, of course we don't know exactly what this means but we can only assume the worse, start breeding the animals more and focus on building a bigger barn, collect rainwater, build defences. Get-"

"So are we not gonna address what she said Alby, the fact that this kid ain't even supposed to be here and Is apparently contaminating the experiment or the fact that we are experiments or the fact that the girl was talking about some Thomas whom we don't even know" Gally spoke up.

"We will... just later"

"No not later. Now." He turned to me "Y/n you have some explaining to do"

"I swear I have no idea what she's talking about, I woke up in the box like all of you, i just ran straight into the maze, really I know nothing. I swear." I pleaded.

"I'm sorry but we can't take any chances, lock him up!" He shouted to the rest of the gladers.

"Excuse me! I am the leader here" Alby walked towards Gally looking down at him "You have no authority to make any commands around here!"

"Oh yea well maybe I should" Gally showed no sign of backing down "With you as leader we're all gonna be killed, something bad is about to happen and its because of this shuck, why should we suffer from it!"

"How do you even know anything bad is gonna happen!"

"You heard the girl, ain't no part of that sound optimistic"

"What I say goes and I say that the greenie stays until the girl wakes up! Then we can talk about your theories. Got it."

Gally looked away, down at the ground. "Got it" He mumbled.

I looked towards Gally but he looked mad, mad at me.

'What did I do?'

Gally stomped out of the homestead frypan chasing him and some of his followers leaving shortly after.

When I turned around the whole room was staring at me, I knew exactly what they were thinking, they can't trust me. Even though I've been here for a while, I'm not one of them, I appeared one day from the place they thought impossible to survive and now things are taking a worse turn.

I know it's my fault. But I don't know how.

Looking around at all the faces of everyone in that room just yesterday I was laughing and having fun with, now they looked at me like I was, well, a monster.

My eyes settled on a pair of petrified ones that was huddled into the corner of the room 'Chuck' I wanted to go to him and tell him it was all gonna be okay, plead at his feet to believe me, to forgive me, but I knew I couldn't. Even Alby for god's sake, none of them believed me, I was guilty until proven innocent.

"I'm sorry for anything I've done" and with that, I left, I just left, walked out of the glade like it was nothing, starting by walking, but then that walk turned into a limping run and it felt good, it felt nice, the air rushing past my face and through the hole that was now in my chest, 'it's alright' I told myself. 'It was never gonna work'

Soon enough I was at the edge, as I heard a slow metallic screeching behind me, I turned around to see a giant metal scoper just slightly coming around the corner, I got down on the floor trying to cover myself with vines but it wasn't working.

Eventually, the griever spotted me and as if something in it was flipped it started barrelling towards me as I just stared at it. Wasn't much else to do. If I run I'll run off a bloody cliff.

It almost came in contact with me but stopped, it just stared at me, before lowering itself down so its head was level with me and nudged my body.

Then I realised "Eddie?"

It opened its eyes responding to the name as I flung my body onto the side of them,

"Eddie, you've grew so much, I've tried to get back to you" I swear I could see them smile.

Suddenly Eddie rolled over onto their side and showed an uncovered bit of skin on their body that didn't have metal on, it was slightly transparent with a slight orange, the pinky glow from inside, it was larger than the rest of their body and-...  Eddie's a momma

"WHATTTT! SO WHILST I'VE BEEN IN THERE TRYING TO GET BANISHED TO GET BACK TO YOU YOU'VE BEEN GETTING IT ON!" I was flabbergasted "UNBELIEVABLE, UTTERLY DISGRACEFUL"

They flipped back over onto all 10s and stared at me unamused which caused me to burst out laughing.

I heard the mechanic-like distant sound of the maze doors shutting as Eddie offered for me to ride on their back, which I agreed to.

I used to be carrying them up the walls now they're carrying me.

I looked around at the maze as I let out a sigh, my life is gonna go back to the way it was, except this time I have an even bigger reason to avoid the gladers.

Soon enough we got to a hole behind some vines inside one of the maze walls that looked like a cave. Wandering inside it was warm and strangely comforting

As I curled up against Eddie, now giant Eddie, my mind travelled to one person, one person who I just knew would be searching everywhere for me, the person I left sitting in the box, Newt.