Prolouge

L O R E L E I

My writing is literally my pride and joy. It's the only thing I've started that I haven't immediately quit after a month of doing it. It's the one thing I'm able to stay focused on. The only thing that kept me sane after she left. I was never that torn up about it though. My mother wasn't really my favorite person in the world. But she's the reason I started writing, so I can't be that mad at her. My favorite things to write, and read as well, are romance stories. I'm a sucker for a happy ending. But who doesn't love romance? Actually a lot of people, but that's besides the point.

My clever love stories have almost won state writing contests for years. Yes, I said almost,I always come in second place. Every single time, a certain someone always beats me. Ozzie Mincal. She's come in first for the past 6 years. I have no idea why though. All she writes is stuff about death and tragedy and blah and more blah! I guess people will eat a story up if it makes them cry. I've read her work before, it's definitely not bad, it's just not something I would enjoy. (I say this knowing I've read one of her books all the way through and cried at the end.)

But this year I'm determined to beat her. To finally come out on top. I just gotta figure out how...

O Z Z I E

What to write, what to write. Nothing, that's what. I've lost all motivation. It's not like I dont wanna write, it's that I have no idea what to write. The state's annual writing contest is coming up soon, and I'm gonna make first place as I always have for the past six years. People will eat up a story if it makes them cry. That's always been what I love. Gut wrenching stories that will make even the strongest person cry. Some may call me a heartless monster, but that is the furthest from the truth. If I'm being completely honest, I've cried at my own stories. I always win these things, but there's one person who competes in the contest that will always puzzle me. Lorelei Burnhart. She only seems to write one kind of thing. Romance. Blegh. Her writing isn't bad, I just hate romance, considering my own love life has been less than successful, I succeed more in being angry at the world than being madly in love. But that's just me. She always comes in second place. Which is surprising, I would have thought more people would be a fan of stories that end in happiness rather than tragedy. But maybe more people are bitter and lonely than I thought. But still, I'm determined to beat her yet again. I hate what she stands for. Like, why is she so desperate for a happy ending huh? It just makes me so mad.

We go to the same school, but I have no idea what she looks like. She never shows her face online. But I've seen her name on bulletin boards before. I wanna meet her. She's probably really pretty. I-I mean based on her writing, and she draws herself, based on those two factors I just imagine she's pretty. But I guess that's my own dilemma to figure out. Who knows, maybe we'll end up meeting each other this time around.

Sorry for the short prolouge. It is longer than T.A.M's prolouge though. So thats a plus.