Chapter 3: Maybe shes not so bad

O Z Z I E

I see Lorelei slam a note down my desk before walking calmly back to her seat. I open the note to see she had written her number down on it. She did say she was gonna give it to me at school. I just expected her to meet up with me to get it. And so aggressive too,geez.But nevertheless, I should text her.

"It's Ozzie, I just wanted to get your number in my phone."

'Cool." she texts back

"So, when do you wanna start working? Today works for me if you're not busy."

"Yeah that works. I don't have anything planned this week. Where do you wanna go to work?"

"I don't know if my house is gonna be full. What about yours?

"It's just me, my dad and my bunny and my dad works from

3:30 to midnight Monday through Wednesday so the house will be empty."

"That works. I'll just follow your car there after school okay?"

"Sure sounds good"

Well that's taken care of. One less thing to worry about today. I look over at her and see her doodling. Part of me wants to go over there and see what she's drawing. But the other part says I should just ignore her. Again, were not friends. Against my better judgement, I walk over to her desk.

"Whatcha drawing."

"Oh, just my bunny." she turns the sketchpad over so I can see it

"Cute, what's its name?"

"Oh it's...you." she looks up at me

I giggle, "That's a weird name for a bunny."

"Her name isn't you dumbass, her name is Angel."

"Now that's a really cute name for a bunny."

"Thank you. Now you can go back to your seat."

"I could do that, but I think sitting with you is more fun."

"Why, you don't like me."

"Who said I didn't like you?"

"Well, I don't really enjoy your company and I would like it if you went back to your seat and let me draw in peace."

"But I wanna watch."

"I don't want you to watch."

"But I wanna watch."

'I don't want you to watch."

"I wanna watch you draw."

"I don't care! Just leave me alone!"

"Fine, fine, there's gonna be plenty of times where I can see your skills." I wink at her as I walk back to my seat at the back of the class.

L O R E L E I

I can't really be too mad at her because that is totally something I would do. But hey, at least she's showing interest. At least there's a chance she doesn't hate me, it's a start. And well... she's kinda cute when she's happy. But I still don't like her. I don't hate her as much, but that doesn't mean we're friends. We're far from it. For now. But that doesnt mean I won't warm up to her. Lorelei, ever the optimist, trying to see the good in people,even if they are annoying as hell.

"Lorelei!" someone shouts at me

"Ah! Oh, Hi Lyn. How's it going?"

"Ozzie huh? I never thought you two would ever interact but I have to say you two would be sooo cute together!"