Chapter 7: Friends, Nothing more

O Z Z I E

"I think we're friends." I say to my mother

"You think?" she replies

"Yeah." I continue to eat my pasta.

"Ozzie, how long have you guys been working on this project together?"

"Like, two and a half months, why?"

"Dont you think youve gotten over your dumb fued enough to be friends now?"

"I guess, i don't know if she sees me as a friend though."

"Did you try asking her?"

"No, why would I? How would I?"

"You just ask if she sees you as a friend, it's simple."

"I don't think it's that simple."

"Sure it is. Just do it."

"I don't think my social anxiety will allow me to do that."

"Okay. Just keep wondering if she still hates you."

"She doesn't hate-"

"What?" my mom asks

"What if she does hate me? What if she's only tolerating me because we have to write this book? I actually like being around her. Shes great to work with and so nice and so pretty. She probably hates me."

"Ozzie, I was just kidding, she doesn't hate you. If she did she wouldn't come around as often as she does."

"I guess you're right. But ill ask her when she comes over just to be sure."

"She's coming over today? When?"

"Five-thirty."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't think it was important."

"Well now I have to cook extra for dinner." She throws her hands up in the air dramatically.

"Sorry!" I yell before I walk down to my room.

What's her deal? Does she like Lorelei that much? I don't know. Damn, I need to clean my room before she comes over. This place is kind of a mess.

1 hour later

That's done. I check my watch. It looks like I can relax for a bit. I go to lay down when my mom calls for me. I go upstairs.

"What's up?" I ask

"When is Lorelei gonna be here?"

"Not for another hour. Why?"

"Did you clean your room?"

"Yes? Why?"

"It looked gross. Speaking of gross. You need to get ready before she comes over."

"Why?"

"Because, I didn't wanna say it, but you look gross too."

"Hey! This is what hard work looks like. Don't diss me Sicillia." I say her name mockingly.

She stares at me for a second. "Just go get into something decent."

"Ugh, fine." I wave my arms up dramatically before walking downstairs.

I get a text from Lorelei. "Hey, I just left my house and i'm gonna go get mcdonalds. What do you want?"

"Oh it's okay you don't need to get me anything." I text back.

"What do you want? I'm getting you something."

"Surprise me."

"Okay cool see ya in 25."