Chapter 5: An assortment of baked goods

O Z Z I E

Another day, another migraine. At least I have Whiskey. Not the alcohol, the cat. Dumbass. But why did all this have to happen? I mean, at least I didn't get beat up but still, so damn exhausting. Why do people care so much about a table that they have to call me a slur, just find another spot to sit, simple. I hope Lorelei is okay. She did get called to the office. She probably didn't get in too much trouble considering the girl apologized to me while I was walking to my car.

I don't meet with Lorelei until Friday, so that gives me plenty of time to figure out what to give her for helping me today. But what does she like? I can't just ask her, she'll know what i'm doing, I can ask one of her friends, that girl Lyn in homeroom might know, then again i've only seen them talk one time. The only other person I've seen her talk to is Ellie? I think that's her name. But she might think it's weird that I'm just randomly asking what Lorelei's favorite things are. I'll use my hidden talent, baking! It's one thing I'm good at that not many people know about. I learned how from watching my mom bake us all sorts of things for deserts. Cakes, cookies, pies, cupcakes,muffins,cheesecakes, bread, anything you could think of, my mom would bake it. Some people think that someone that looks as gloomy as I do all the time wouldn't like sweets. Especially making them, but other than writing, it's something that cheers me up. So making this for Lorelei, might make both of us happy.

"But Ozzie, I thought you didn't like her, why are you gonna bake her something?" Because I can, okay! She did something nice for me, I need to return the favor. And she might be growing on me a bit, don't tell anyone I said that though. It would ruin me. Anyways, I need to figure out what to make.

L O R E L E I

Did I put all my clothes away? I need to finish my homework. God, I want pumpkin bread. These are the things I think when I have nothing to distract myself. When I'm just laying down in my bed, or sitting at my desk, alone. I'm gonna be alone forever, what if I die alone? Damn that's a lot to deal with. Why am I like this. I should do my makeup. Or should I? I'll probably give up halfway through. Maybe Ellie wants to hang out. No, she has work today. Maybe I should listen to my family and get a real job. Ugh, I'll just take a nap. No, that'll make it worse. I'll just scroll through tik tok endlessly like I always do when I'm bored.

I do that, along with some other random things until 8:30PM when I need to get ready for bed. I do all my stuff, say goodnight to Angel and put her back in the cage and sleep.

Wednesday 11:50AM

"Hey, Lorelei!" Ozzie calls out. "Would you be able to meet up today if you're not busy?"

"Sure. My house or yours?" I ask

"Mine. It'll be just us, and Whiskey."

'You realize we're both too young to drink, right?"

"Whiskey is my cat."

"Ooooh, yeah that's okay."

"Great! See you later!"

That was.. Weird? But whatever.

It's time for lunch. Should I go out to the table to spite the bitch? Maybe that's too petty. I'll just sit at a table across from them and wave cutely. That'll do it. Might scare them a bit, coinciding I did just sock the girl yesterday.

And it works, the second I did it they turned around looking scared. Guess that'll teach them to be nice next time.

O Z Z I E

You okay Ozzie? Ms. Gray asks. I eat lunch in her room most of the time. Yesterday is when I tried to branch out. Huge mistake.

"What?" I say