Chapter 2: This wont work

L O R E L E I

The rest of my day went as expected. Got through all my classes, did nothing but go through a syllabus that had everything you'd expect to have on it. They tell you to go home and get them signed. Seriously I don't get that. Were in high school, why do I need my parent to sign a dumb paper that does nothing. But rant aside, I had a pretty good day after this morning's incident.

Now I'm home, but something surprises me when I walk through the door. A small animal is laying in my dad's arms.

"Cute bunny, where'd you get it?"

"Alice couldn't keep it anymore, so she gave it to me. Well, gave it to you. If you want her that is."

"Alice?"

"My girlfriend's daughter, she's going to college and pets aren't allowed in the dorms."

"Ah, I'll take her, what's her name?"

"Her name is Angel."

"Aww, now I'm very tempted to buy tiny wings so I can put them on her."

"I think she'd like that. Also everything is already up in your room so you couldn't have said no even if you wanted to."

"Good to know"

I walk up to my room and take Angel with me. I sit her on my bed and she immediately goes to sit on my lap. I expected her to be more playful. But this is okay too. She's very cute. I think I'm gonna like her.

Dad comes upstairs as Angel jumps down on the floor and runs away. I don't think she likes dad that much.

"I forgot to ask, how was your day at school?"

"Oh, I have a story."

"Go on."

"So, I've mentioned a girl named Ozzie to you before, right?"

"The girl you always get worked up about for beating you in those writing contests?"

"That's the one. Well I finally met her face to face today."

"And how did that go?"

"Not good that's for sure, she came up to me when I was literally minding my own business, called me pretty, and then just stood there and started insulting my writing. Saying that my first story 'told her everything she needed to know' about my writing. Like who the hell does that? Nobody in their right mind, that's for sure."

"I'm sure she didn't mean anything by it. Just joking between authors?"

"Oh she definitely meant something by it. She doesn't even know me, other than when she was my name on all those score lists."

"Well, then she was just being mean, like a bully. Don't take offense to it, because that little girl obviously doesn't know what she's talking about. You're a great writer."

"Haha, we're the same age, but thank you. I mean it. That really cheered me up."

"Glad I can help. And good news, I don't have to work late for a while! That means Ill be able to be home with you more often. Also, I'm making your favorite for dinner."

"Thank god, I needed that after the day I had."

"Have fun with Angel, I'm gonna start making dinner."

I play with Angel and some toys while I wait for dinner when my phone buzzes. It's a post from S.A.C.F.A. It's an acronym for Scoras Annual Convention for Authors. The post talks about their fall writing contest. It's the contest that I've mentioned a bunch of times now, in case you couldn't figure that out already. The post reads,