Prologue

10 years ago, Old Mondstadt

An explosion erupted from the cathedral, alerting everyone something was wrong. It was night, around 1 o'clock or so when it happened.

People screamed for their lives, running and crying, trying to find a way out, but it wasn't long before everyone realized that they were trapped. The gate had been closed, all exits blocked. They were all going to die.

Another explosion boomed. The statue. Whatever had this much power was coming closer. At an alarming pace.

Children cried and screamed when another explosion came. Smoke filled the air and fire began to spread. The flowerbeds on every house and street wilted and disintegrated.

Explosion after explosion, Mondstadt became a hell hole of fire, smoke, and terror.

People were dying. Fire was everywhere. And every vision haver had most likely died trying to fight the It.

It wasn't human. It didn't breath. It didn't sleep. It was an experiment gone wrong. They made It to be used as a weapon. A God-killing weapon.

But now — somehow — It had escaped. It tore Mondstadt to shreds. Leaving everything torn in pieces.

Not long after the destruction of Mondstadt, It was captured and locked away deep under the demolished city.

And soon, It was a fairytale. Locked away. Forgotten. Almost like it never existed.