Chapter XIX: The End

"Follow it! We can't let it get away!"

The group rushed forwards towards the dragon. They followed it as it flew into some ruins ahead of them.

"I know these ruins!" The electro woman said suddenly. Everyone except Krein turned to look at her. "They have a high amount of Dendro magic in the rocks. I read it in a book somewhere..."

"Maybe we can use it to aid us in defeating this dragon." Krein said, still tracking the dragon with his eyes.

It seemed to land somewhere ahead of them, still bleeding from when the man with the pyro vision stabbed it.

"Let's go. We can't let it get away." Krein said and took off, the group following close behind him.

They stopped when they saw the dragon laying on its side, it's wound still bleeding.

The stones around it seemed to glow green, as if they could feel this dragons abyssal energy. Krein gulped. Where was his mother...?

"Look! The queen!"
(Rip Queen Elizabeth... I say this as a  Canadian 💀)

She was sprawled out with an arm twisted under her. Krein immediately rushed to her side, checking her over to see if she was hurt anywhere else.

"Prince, I think she might have a broken arm..." the small girl with the hydro vision said, placing a hand on his shoulder. "I can fix it, though!"

"You can do that? Please, if you could." Krein looked at her and then stared at the dragon, which was still writhing around on the ground and roaring loudly.

It spotted Krein and glared at him, breathing heavily and growling. He just stared at it and then the pool of dark goo that was flowing out of its side. It wasn't blood, too thick for that... but something different that made Krein cringe.

"Krein! Watch out-" someone called from behind him before the dragon's tail had whipped him in the chest, sending him flying back and onto the ground.

He gasped for air.

-

Upon entering Stormterror's Lair, Kaeya and Albedo had flown around the ruins of what used to be tall, elegant buildings. It almost saddened Kaeya to see this used-to-be city.

He drummed his fingers against the flat of Albedo's back, hair whipping around as the air around them flew by.

The dragon dipped down, flying towards the tower in the middle of the ruins. He landed in it, huffing and trying to shake Kaeya off of his back once his feet touched the ground.

"Woah there. I'm getting down, be patient."

After slipping down the dragon's back, Kaeya was quick to step back. And he was glad he did as Albedo flicked his tail around angrily, huffing and stomping on the ground.

Kaeya looked around the ruins, giving Albedo some space in case he decided he didn't want to be nice anymore.

After almost having a heart attack at the sight of a ruin guard, Kaeya wandered towards the Statue of the Seven. He almost missed the huffs that came from behind him, distracted by the view and tiredness that pulled at his mind.

He turned to find Albedo baring his teeth at him, seemingly in pain. The aged stone beneath him cracked under his claws.

His breathed through his nose before taking off into the air. Kaeya gasped before he began sprinting after the dragon, using air currents to keep up with Albedo's speed.