Chapter X: Walking

The men made their way down the stairs to meet Jean and Lisa in the Grandmaster's office after they finished getting Albedo's name down pat and a small cuddle session.

The blond was still not able to walk properly, but he was starting to get the hang of it (with Kaeya's support of course).

They surprisingly found the two female knights walking out of the headmaster office, talking idly.

"Oh great! You're here." Jean noticed them first and waved them over. "We have some food for him. We'll talk about everything later."

Kaeya just nodded and looked at Albedo with a smile.

"Albedo!" The blond said his name happily and swung his legs as much as he could with Kaeya holding him. He was content to be in his arms though. Safe and warm.

(I'm crying 😭)

Jean and Lisa looked dumbfounded for a second and looked at Kaeya, who just shrugged and kissed the blond's forehead. Albedo smiled up at him.

Suddenly, the doors to the headquarters burst open and in came Varka. The old man wore a sadistic smile and his eyes scanned the knight's faces. His stare landed on Albedo and his smile got wider.

The boy froze from the unexpected loud noise, and his breathing seemed to stop completely.

He slowly grabbed onto Kaeya — anywhere he could reach on the man — and tried to get closer to him slowly.

"No..." he whispered to Kaeya and continued to stare at the old man. "No no, Kaya no." Albedo began to panic, trying to press himself as close as possible to the captain. Kaeya's insides melted at him trying to pronounce his name. Not the right time, he reminded himself.

"It's okay, Little One, he wont hurt you." Lisa said and stepped in front of the two, Jean following in suit.

"Well well, look who it is." Varka started. Jean materialized her sword, electricity crackling in Lisa's hands. "Wow, ladies. Fancy seeing you here. Calm down, I wont touch him."

"H... hurt me. No no, Kaya. Help." Albedo whispered to the captain. His eyes held utter fear, still looking at the former headmaster. He pressed himself impossibly closer to the bluenette who squeezed him in response.

"Long time no see, Projekt 106." Varka said, waving a hand at him with a sadistic smile on his face.

"Should I take him upstairs?" Kaeya asked quietly to Jean. The woman just nodded her head and looked back at the former headmaster.

Albedo was shaking him Kaeya's arms as they reached their bedroom, big tears threatening to fall, but he kept them in until he was safely wrapped up in the captain's embrace.

"It's okay now. He can't come up here. No one's going to hurt you anymore." Kaeya said softly as he stroked a hand through Albedo's long, blond hair.

"P-Prince...?" He asked, voice shaking. The captain nodded and reached over to the night stand and grabbed the book Albedo loved so much.

"Alright. Where did we leave off?"

-

"— My loneliness will be no more!" The queen said. She looked at him. His beautiful blond hair flowed and his small stature was skinny and pale. But what grabbed the queen's attention the most was his eyes. They were a handsome shade of blue. They were like the ocean on a bright day.

The queen hugged him again, tears pricking her eyes. "What would you like to be named, hm?" She asked, holding her new son at arms length.

He just shrugged his shoulders and looked sad. "Awe, my baby, it's alright. I will teach you how to read and write, and rule my kingdom as a kind king."

"Your name will be Krein."

Just then, a knock at the door sounded. Albedo, who was previously snuggled up against Kaeya's side with his puffy eyes threatening to close, jumped at the loud noise.

"Come in," Kaeya said and closed the book. Jean walked in, eyeing the two before smiling.

"He's gone now." She said softly, seeing as she had scared Albedo. The boy sighed in relief and cuddled back into Kaeya, who wrapped an arm around him.

"Let's go to the headmaster's office so we can talk about what will happen next," Lisa said from behind the door in her calm and collected voice.

Albedo jumped at hearing her voice at first, but quickly relaxed once seeing the electro vision.

"Alright. Albedo, do you want me to carry you?" Kaeya asked, looking at the boy. He nodded and clung to the captain as he sat up. Kaeya turned around to pick the blond boy up, Albedo wrapping his legs around the captain's slim waist and arms around his neck.

Kaeya hooked one hand under Albedo's legs to steady him from moving around so much. Albedo kicked his legs slightly in excitement, his earlier fear and panic completely dissipating once Lisa handed him a cookie.

He happily munched on the sweet while the Knight's made their way back to Jean's office just like originally planned.

"Hey." Kaeya whispered to Albedo, who looked at him with curiosity.

"Want to try walking? You should be a little stronger now." The captain smiled and Albedo nodded his head enthusiastically, being put down. Kaeya held him up by his armpits as his feet touched the floor for the first time that day.

The blond looked up at him for reassurance before putting actual weight on his legs. His knees buckled almost immediately, but Kaeya was there to hold him up.

Lisa and Jean were already ahead of them, chatting as they walked, completely in their own little world.

Albedo lifted a leg to take a step forward, still not able to hold his own weight yet.

After taking a few steps, the blond decided he was tired and cold and looked up at Kaeya again.

"Tired." He said and was picked back up. He snuggled into Kaeay's warmth. The captain was like a heater, giving off constant warmth and Albedo just loved it. He smiled brightly.

They got to the office and opened the door. The two women were still talking about Archon's knows what.

As soon as they stepped in, Albedo spotted a platter full of fruits, cheese, and sweets. A steaming kettle beside it.

"You two finally made it." Jean said with a laugh.

"Yep. We were just trying to get this one to walk." Kaeya said and adjusted Albedo in his arms. He whined and pointed to the platter, weakly pulling away from the captain to get closer to the food.

Lisa giggled. "Patience. It's not going anywhere, cutie."

Albedo looked pleadingly at Kaeya, who kissed his cheek and sat down with the boy in his lap. Immediately Albedo picked up a sweet.

"Ah ah ah, eat something else for now. You can have those later." The captain said, taking the sweet out of his hands and in turn giving him a strawberry.

Albedo huffed and slumped into Kaeya more, munching on the strawberry that he wouldn't admit was better than he expected.

"Okay. Now that we're all here, I want to talk about a job for him." Jean said. She was seated in her chair behind her desk, hair in a neat ponytail on the top of her head. Lisa leaned on the railing of the tiny library at the corner of the office.

Albedo perked up at the mention of him, finishing his strawberry in one bite.

"Varka told us that this Rhinedottir person worked with alchemy, so maybe Albedo knows some?" Jean looked at the boy in question, who stared back at her and slowly nodded his head yes.

"Tiny." He said.

-

PLS THIS IS SO LATE AND THE ENDING IS SHITTY IM SORRY

Merry Christmas ig? Happy holidays if you don't celebrate it!

Comments, questions and concerns can be put here >>>>>

YOU ARE LOVED!! YOU ARE VALID!! I LOVE ALL OF YOU AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING THIS!! ❤️