Chapter VI: Teamwork Makes the Dream Work

Aya it's been a while. Updates will still be really slow, but I pushed myself to work on this because you guys have been waiting for a while. Please tell me if there are any spelling mistakes, I haven't edited this yet. Thank you all for your patience :)

-

"Wait really?" Kaeya said, excited.

"Yes. But, he will need to be under supervision until we see he is not a threat. If anything happens, please, call for me." Jean said with a smile.

They were in her office, Jean in her headmaster chair across from Kaeya, who was sitting on the edge of his own chair ready to hop up and jump for joy.

The chivalry captain quickly composed himself and looked at Jean. She stared back at him with a smile.

"Can I go bring him up then?" Kaeya asked, "Like... Right now?"

"Yes. I'd need to send someone with you though. I'll let Lisa and Huffman know and they'll go down with you."

"Huffman knows too?" Kaeya asked, still sitting at the edge of his chair, wanting this to hurry up so he could go free the boy.

"Yes. He overheard our conversation and came to ask about it after you left. He didn't freak out if you were worried." Jean said sternly, "now go get ready to get that boy. He will need a lot of care when you bring him up here. I'll go fetch Lisa." The headmaster said and stood up. Kaeya followed her out.

They gathered said librarian and Knight and now stood at the door leading down to the basement. Kaeya took a breath and then started down the stairs, Lisa and Huffman following right behind.

When they entered the large room, Kaeya told the other knights to stay still.

The captain slipped through the tall metal poles and stepped quietly up to the boy.

He lay still, head on Kaeya's scarf. A tiny whimper of fear sounded as he tried to shuffle away from whoever made noise.

"Hi, it's Kaeya, remember me?" He said and took another careful step towards the now shaking boy.

"I'm here to bring you upstairs, so you don't need to be down here in the dark anymore." Crouching down, the captain pet the boy's hair once more, hearing a quiet sigh.

Kaeya remembered the thick chains around the boys arms, ankles, and neck. He'd need to break them.

"I need to break these chains, okay? You might feel a little cold, but it will be over soon, yeah?" He sat the boy up so he was sitting against the wall.

Using his vision, he froze one of the metal clasps around the boy's wrist, then, materialized his sword to break the chain.

He worked diligently and quick, getting through the clasps on the boy's wrists and ankles.

He glanced at the thick metal that wrapped around his neck. It looked like it was greatly restricting his breathing. A flare of anger and sadness flashed through Kaeya's bloodstream and then quickly dissipated. He needed to figure out how to break it without hurting or scaring the poor boy.

"Lisa, I might need your help." He called to the electro vision user. The woman slipped through the bars easily and walked up to where Kaeya was crouched.

"Try and put two fingers under the clasp on his neck. I'm going to have to break it."

The boy whimpered and his blindfold started to fill with water, the cloth going wet.

"Hey now. I'm going to need to you be brave for me. I won't hurt you on purpose. My friend here is just going to help you breath better, okay?" Kaeya said as reassuringly as possible. If this boy freaked out, he might be able to do even more damage to Mondstadt than before.