Chapter Six: Sage of Secluded Weald

Holding his own Riolu in his arms, Noble walked on until the fog became so thick that he feared he would never be able to exit. But as he continued, he finally stepped out of the deep fog and found...

Noble: A...sanctuary...? This deep in the forest...?

Noble looked around the place with curiosity, as he let Riolu down to explore.

???: Who goes there?

A gruff, male voice sounded from the distance. It was faint, and had a bit of an accent to it, as if it did not originally speak English.

Noble: I...am Noble. Prince of Edenus! I am here to find someone who will train me!

???: Hm... So you wish to grow stronger? For what reason?

Noble: I want to protect my home. And become a man worthy of being called King.

???: I see... Strength for the protection of others... A noble ideal. But how faithful are you to your words?

Noble: What...?

???: A test.

The fog started to thicken once a again, but only for a short moment. As it clears again, a Lucario stood in front of Noble.

Lucario: If you can hit me just once, then you will pass. Show me that you have the conviction to stay true to your words!

Noble: A talking Lucario...?!

Without any warning, the wild Lucario dashes forward, and prepares a Bone Rush attack in his paws, swinging and smacking Noble's Riolu.

Noble: Riolu! Are you okay?!

Lucario: This is a battle right now. If you wish for your Riolu to be safe, then defeat me!

The Lucario hits Riolu for a second time, sending him into a wall which crumpled on impact.

Noble: Fine then...! Riolu, get ready! Use Vacuum Wave!

Riolu stands on his feet again, and lunges forward, prepare a punch. However, the attack was blocked, and Riolu was hit with another flurry from Bone Rush.

Noble: Crap...! That won't work... Then...

Lucario: Think too long, and your Riolu will be done for!

Lucario dashes forward, knocking Riolu back again with a Bullet Punch.

Noble: Riolu!!

Riolu: Rio...!

With an imitation of a thumbs up, Riolu stands again. Then, a plan came into Noble's mind.

Noble: Okay, I got it...! Please bear with this for a bit longer, Riolu!

Riolu: Lu!

The Lucario lunges at Riolu again, and nails a point blank Aura Sphere right in Riolu's face, sending it back a bit more.

Lucario: Is that all you plan to do? If so, it won't work.

Noble: He figured me out... You're reading my aura, aren't you?

Lucario: Not only your aura, but your thoughts they convey. Planning to counter my attacks back at me. Well it won't work. I've done that many times before.

Noble: Fine then. Plan B. Riolu, charge in with Vacuum Wave!!

Riolu runs forward, preparing his attack again. The Lucario seems un-phased by this, and proceeds to attack Riolu with a Close Combat attack.

Noble: Now!

Riolu abandons his attempt at Vacuum Wave at Noble's orders, and braces itself for the attack's immense impact. Riolu managed to survive the hit on a tread, and Noble took this chance to counterattack. Literally.