Chapter Seven: Crisis in Darcenburg

Noble and his new companion Mei enter the village, and see the Crimeans razing homes to the ground.

Noble: Okay...! Let's do this, Riolu!

Mei: Come, Mienshao!

Noble and Mei charge into battle with one of the soldiers, and defeat him handily thanks to Mei's big damage.

Mei: What is our plan, sir... Um...?

Noble: Noble. My name is Noble. And we should advance our way to the commander of this force! If we can beat them, then we can force them to retreat!

Mei: Very well. It would seem our enemies use Metal type Pokémon. Our attacks will be super effective.

Noble: Good. Then let's push on!

Noble makes his way through droves of enemies, using healing items and a lot Reversals to soften up his foes, and then have Mei finish them off, or the other way around, until they spot a male with a Steel type, whom they assumed was an enemy.

???: Oh bother... And just when I thought I could learn the mysteries behind Darcenburg's perpetual darkness.

Noble: Are you not with the Crimeans?

???: Me? Oh no. In fact, I left that continent to pursue my true calling. Research.

Noble: A Crimean scholar?

???: Well, I wouldn't say I am Crimean in ethnicity, I only hail from the continent. Ah, where are my manners? I am Nikolai. A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Prince Noble.

Noble: You know about me?! And aside from that, what is that? On your arm?

Nikolai: Why of course I've heard of you. Who hasn't heard of Edenus's royal family? And this device is what's known as a computer, or CPU. I use it to log my notes and compile data.

Noble: How does it work?

Nikolai: Perhaps we should save that talk for another time. I believe you have a battle to win.

Noble: Oh, right! Then, sir Nikolai, may I count on your help?

Nikolai: Oh? I am not sure how much of a help I will be to you, but I will certainly try my best.

Nikolai has joined the party!

After gaining Nikolai as an ally, Mei and Noble had an easier time driving through the enemy. They continued to push on until they reached the general of the army. A stunning male specimen with longish silver hair that reached the bottom of his neck.

???: Challengers? You have some guts trying to fight me head on.

Noble: I won't let you have your way, Crimean general!

???: Oh? Then you must be Prince Noble. Well met. I am Tetsu, the Iron Wall! If you think you stand a change against me and my Metagross, then let's see if you're correct, or if you're just in over your head!

Since Noble had initiated the combat this time around, he strikes with a Vacuum Wave, dealing minimal damage against the massive metal beast. Mei was next to try her hand, but met similar results, only dealing slightly more damage than Riolu. And lastly, Nikolai attempted to damage the Metagross with a Magnet Bomb attack from his Klingclang, but did less damage than Noble.

Tetsu: Is that it? Hah! Seems you were in over your heads after all. Metagross, use Meteor Mash.

Tetsu's partner raises one of its metal legs, and thrusts it forward, hitting all three of them at once. That single attack alone was almost enough to knock out Riolu if he hadn't endured the hit. And since the attack wasn't very effective against Nikolai and Klingclang, they took the least damage.

???: Obstagoon, use Night Slash!

In a swift movement, Metagross is struck with a powerful critical hit Night Slash by an Obstagoon from behind.

Noble: Lenn!

Lenn: Sup.

Tetsu: The young lord of Darcenburg himself came out, huh? Interesting. Things could get bothersome with more than one opponent, so... Metagross, finish off these riffraff with Zen Headbutt.

Lenn: Obstagoon, jump in and use Obstruct!

On Lenn's command, the massive badger Pokémon jumped in front of Noble's Riolu to block the attack, which also left Metagross open for more attacks by lowering its defense stat.

Lenn: Hit it now! Use Night Slash!

Noble: Help out with Vacuum Wave!

Mei: High Jump Kick! Hyah!

Nikolai: Wild Charge, go!

Together, the four combatants deal big damage thanks to Lenn's Obstruct, causing Metagross to faint.

Tetsu: Hm... Not bad.

Noble: Surrender!

Tetsu: I'd rather not. I'll retreat for now. Next time, you won't be so lucky.

Tetsu reaches upward to call over his Skarmory, using it to fly off as his troops retreat into the Golden Ring they came from.

???: Lord Lenn!

Lenn: Nicole. Hikari. You're late.

Hikari: Apologies, my lord. We got caught up by the sideshow.

Nicole: You and Obstagoon aren't hurt, are you?

Lenn: We're fine. It was lucky that Noble was around to help out.

Nicole: I had heard you went on a journey, Prince Noble. I did not know you would stop by Darcenburg. Why don't we escort you to the estate?

Noble: I'll explain along the way then. Thank you, Nicole.

Lenn: Let's make our way over then.

As they walked back to the capital city of Darcenburg, Kurosaki, Noble told them about what he encountered in the Secluded Weald, and then what happened when he arrived at the attacked village. He managed to finish his story as they began relaxing in Lenn's father's estate.

Lenn: You're lucky that little shrimp of yours didn't bite the dust from that first attack.

Noble: Yeah... I still have a long way to go until I can become king.

Mei: I had no idea I was in the presence of a future king...! I apologize greatly, sir...!

Noble: Please, stop that, Mei... It's okay, really. Right now, I'm just a traveling warrior.

Nicole: Have you been training with wild Pokémon?

Noble: I did. Oh, Lenn!

Noble reaches into his bag, and shows him the things the Lucario gave him in the Weald.

Noble: Do you know what these are for?

Lenn: Hm...? Can't say I do... It looks vaguely familiar, though. Maybe the guys in Terraria might know. They know a lot about rocks and junk.

Noble: Actually, yeah. That's a good idea. I'll leave for there first thing in the morning!

Lenn: Alone?

Noble: Huh? Well, I mean, I wouldn't want to drag you guys into my mess.

Lenn: Dude, the Crimean army knows your here now, and you wanna go off alone? Not happening. I'll head off with you.

Noble: Are you sure?

Lenn: I got nothing better to do. My dad wants me to stay out of the fighting as much as possible, but I'm getting sick of just sitting around the place.

Noble: Then... I guess we can go together. I don't see why not other than dragging you into my problems...

Lenn: Great. I'll prepare us an airship and we'll make for Terraria tomorrow.

Noble: Thank you Lenn.

Lenn: No problem. The least I could do for a friend.