Chapter Ten: Dante of Terraria

Dante: Unbreon, use Thief.

In a swift movement of Umbreon's nimble feet, it quickly snatches Noble's Catalyst.

Noble: What the...?!

Alora: Brother?!

The Umbreon was confronted by Lucario, who attempted to grab the Catalyst Stone after knocking out the Umbreon. But Umbreon used Sand Attack, kicking up dirt from the ground and temporarily blinding Lucario, and returning to his trainer, who was now on the run.

Noble: Dante?!

Noble and his group give chase, as Dante returns to a simple camp area where his personal guard was waiting for his return.

Dante: Hold them off. Capture them if you must.

Guard: Yes sir!

Noble and his party catch up to the camp, who had been prepared for battle.

Noble: Dante, what are you doing?!

Dante: Sorry, Noble. But this is something I have to do.

Noble: What do you mean...?! Aren't we friends?!

Dante: We are. I don't have any issues with you personally. But I hate how Edenus runs its surrounding territories. Heavy taxation, inconsistent land distribution, power disputes, I hate it all as a government.

Alora: And you think working under Crimea will solve these problems, brother?!

Noble: If those are your issues, then bring them up to my mother! I'm sure she'll-!

Dante: Queen Lucinda IS the problem, Noble. And I have managed to strike a deal with the Empress of Crimea. Surrender my land as a base camp for Crimea, and they will allow me to take over governance over the former land of Edenus! No longer will our people have to suffer, to starve themselves working in the mines, stereotyped for enjoying such filthy work, and pursue what my people really desire! Knowledge, farming, any and all jobs to those who are capable! I wouldn't expect you to understand, Noble. You haven't had to work a day in your life.

Noble: So you're selling us out...!

Dante: I didn't want it to come to this. I didn't want to fight you directly, I had to keep this alliance a secret from you, Noble. That way neither of us would get hurt. But as soon as your Riolu evolved, I knew you would be a problem if you could access Mega Evolution. That is why I will capture you now. Sorry. No hard feelings.

Noble: We grew up together...!!

Dante: That we did... I am sorry it had to come to this.

Noble: All warriors, advance! We must secure my Catalyst!

Dante: Ashe, Ella, take control of our flanks. Keep them from advancing.

Ashe: Yes, my lord! C'mon Pikachu!

Ella: With me, Mimikyu!

Dante: Lady Constance, fight at my side?

Constance: Of course, my lord. Rapidash and I are at your disposal.

Noble: That woman... She's one of Adolphus's retainers. So Gerleif is going traitor after all... We must not hold back!

Noble and his army had begun to move forward, fighting against more Ground and Rock type Pokémon. Luckily, Lucario was effective against the Rocks, as was Nikolai and Mei. The Ground types, however, were going to be a bit harder to deal with, seeing as how Noble's army didn't have much Water or Grass types, and Lucario was weak to Ground attacks. But even still, he was holding his own, now being able to handle himself on the battlefield. Dealing with the generic enemies was easy enough, as Noble and his group had begun to close gap between him and Dante. From the left, Ashe and Pikachu make an attempt to attack Noble with Ella and Mimikyu from the right, but both get cut off from Nicole and Hikari.