Chapter Eleven: Friend, or Foe?

Noble was making his way up the slopes of Mt. Dyna, pursuing the shadow of Yveltal overhead. Occasionally, he would hear its screeching, perhaps telling Yvette of his progress. As he continues, he reaches a plateau of solid ground as he looks around the place. He could feel the presence of people. A lot of them.

Noble: You sense that too, Lucario...?

Lucario nods.

Noble: Crimean soldiers. Probably here to wear us down.

Lucario: Gao.

Noble: Then let's give them a run for their money.

Noble and Lucario engage with the enemy first, so they wouldn't be able to get the jump on them from behind. They were only a simple battalion, who didn't stand much of a chance against Noble and his Lucario. That was when one of Hoopa's Golden Rings appears behind and in front of Noble's advance. From the rear came that mystery man, Nanu, and his Centiskorch he affectionately calls Torch. And to the north, a short, lanky male with well defined cheekbones, pale skin, and a jester's hat appeared with Hoopa itself. That must have been this Zola person Nikolai had talked about.

Zola: Mweheheh...! We got him cornered now...! Close in and capture this runt!

Nanu: I don't exactly know why you want this wiennie, he's hella weak. But okay, I guess I'm doing this now.

Noble: This is my chance... If I could convince this Nanu to defect, then maybe Edenus will have a shot at winning this war. Though I doubt one conversation will be enough...

Noble decided to make it seem like he was trying to retreat, avoiding combat with as much soldiers as possible to get to the man known as Nanu. After fighting off another pale enemy troop that was in the way and forcing them to retreat, he finally reached Nanu.

Nanu: So you decided to come down here and face me? I mean, I get that I'm not using my legendary, but it was still a stupid idea.

Noble: I don't want to fight you. I want to talk.

Nanu: Talk? About what?

Noble: This whole mess. Are you really okay with my people getting invaded and enslaved?

Nanu: No, not really.

Noble: Then why are you-?

Nanu: I have my reasons. As I'm sure you have yours. But I have two wives and kids to get back to, and the best way to get home to them as soon as possible would be to help these guys in capturing you. Sorry bud.

Noble had just narrowly avoided a Fire Lash attack from the Centiskorch, thanks to Lucario's Aura Sense. But Noble wasn't attempting to fight back.

Noble: Then I'll help you find your way home!

Nanu: Last I checked, these Crimea guys have Hoopa, not you.

Noble: I know a guy who can replicate what Hoopa does through technology. If you can help us defend Edenus, then I promise that I will return you home!

Nanu: Big words. But I doubt everything you just told me.

This time, Lucario was forced to take a Fire Lash, knocking it down to 1 HP thanks to its Endure skill.

Noble: So you agree with all of Crimea's policies? You WANT to destroy my home and my people?! I thought you were an "upstanding guy"! Where are your morals?! And besides that, Crimea can't even be trusted! They won't uphold their end of the deals they make!

Nanu: And how would you know that?

Noble: 5 hours ago now, my friend had signed a contract with Crimea's Empress. But she left out important details of their agreement and used it against him, turning his Umbreon to stone with her Yveltal. You're in greater danger if you side with them.

Nanu: A contract? I signed one of those.

Noble: Did you check the back of it?

Nanu didn't speak for a moment, but he did stop his Centiskorch's attacks.

Nanu: I'll hear you out. I'll help you get to Zola. I need to review that contract I signed.

Noble: Thank you...!

Nanu: Don't get the wrong idea. Right now, I'm trusting you. But if it turns out you're lying to me, you're gonna get a roundhouse to the face.

Noble: I'm not exactly sure what that means, but you have a deal.

With Nanu now as a neutral party, he would help Noble advance up the mountain, eventually reaching Zola and Hoopa.

Nanu: Hey, Zola! Lemme see that contract I signed!

Zola: Contract? Oh, yes! The contract! I, uh, unfortunately do not have it on me at this moment.

Nanu: Why not?

Zola: Isn't it obvious? I burned it!! Ahahaha! You think I'm gonna just send you home after this? No! Crimea needs you, Nanu. With you, the strongest trainer in your dimension, Crimea will crush Edenus to dust, and then, we will turn on Crimea, and incite a civil war...!! That is what the beautiful Empress Yvette wishes, after all!

Nanu: I see. So no contract?

Zola: Nope, gone.

Nanu: Perfect. Now I can kick your *** without violating that contract.

Zola: Wait wha?

Nanu: No contract equals no deal, bud.

Zola: What?! You little—! I'm the only one who can get you back home! I summoned you here!

Nanu: Yeah. Unwillingly. Just because you dragged me here doesn't mean I'm obligated to help you. Torch, you take a rest.

Nanu pulls Torch into his strange spherical device, and grabs a different, purple sphere instead.

Nanu: You're up, Skydio!

With a throw of that round object, it pops open, unleashing a black Rayquaza onto the battlefield. It lets out a mighty roar, as it coils around it's warrior, or trainer as he calls himself.

Zola: Th-This is absurd...!! Without me, you're lost!!

Nanu: Then I'll find a new way without you. Skydio, Dragon Ascent!

Skydio the Rayquaza flies up into the air, out of sight, lost in the starry sky. After a few seconds, it comes rocketing down, trailed with Infinity Energy as it crashes into the tiny Hoopa, knocking it out immediately. With a small yelp, the Pokémon opened one of its portals, and escaped through.

Zola: Hoopa?! Wait!! I'll remember this, Nanu Kanzaki!!

With that, Zola and his forces retreat, leaving Noble and Nanu alone on the great Dyna Plateau.

Nanu: Tsk. Coward.

Noble: You're linked with a...?!

Nanu: Hm? Oh yeah, this is Skydio. He's a great travel partner of mine. I don't use him too often though.

Noble: Just...who are you...?

Nanu: I'm just me.

Nanu turns around and starts walking ahead.

Nanu: C'mon, that Yvette lady is up this way, right? Let's go give her an *** whooping.

Noble: Uh, wait! I have to do this alone!

Nanu: No can do, buckaroo. If you didn't exactly catch the memo, I'm lost in an unknown world. So I'm sticking with you.

Noble: Oh, right, I suppose that makes sense... Okay, fine then. Wait for me!

Noble jogs up to Nanu, as they walk side by side up the mountain. Next, they confront Yvette.

To be continued...