Chapter Thirteen

You approached Mrs. Weasley. "Yes ma'am?"

"Congratulations on making things official with my son," She said excitedly.

"Oh-" You were taken aback you really thought you were gonna get the whole 'Treat my son right or else' lecture. "Thank you ma'a-"

She cut you off, walking up to you she spoke, "do right by him, he's got enough strife already." She stated sternly. "You seem like a good girl and I like you, but that can change very quickly."

There it was, this only caused your admiration for Molly to grow, she really was one of the best moms in fiction, er, well I guess not fiction now. 

"Ma'am, I would never hurt Fred, I'd die before I let anything happen to him." You stated, the coming battle creeping into the back of your mind.

"Well, that's good to hear. My kids are my everything, and id sooner hurt someone than see them hurt," she said in almost a threatening tone. A moment of silence fell over the room before she finally chimed in again, "You best get upstairs they're waiting on you."

"Y-yes Ma'am." You stammered before hurrying up the stairs. You made your way down the skinny hall before long you saw a shaggy mom of red hair poking out of a door.

"Y/N, come on." He ushered you into the room. The room was on the smaller side, filled by a single fullsize bed and the biggest collection of pranks and gag gifts you've ever seen. 

"Wheres George and Ginny?" You asked.

"Ginny's in her room and George apparated off somewhere, said he'd be back for dinner," Fred stated as he flopped onto the bed. He looked over to you and patted beside himself for you to sit. You made your way over and sat nervously, Fred looked quizically at you. "Are you alright, Love?"

"Oh, er, yeah," You stuttered, " are you sure we should be up here alone? Your mom might freak."

"I mean probably, but I'm an adult, she'll just have to deal with it." He responded.

"Y-yeah, I guess." You shrugged.

"C'mere." He said as he wrapped his arms around you and pulled you into a cuddle. "So, my mom gave you the third degree, huh?"

"Kinda," You nuzzled into his chest, "She just wants what's best for you, to keep you safe."  

"I know," he mumbled into your hair.  You raised your head and began kissing him passionately, the next thirty minutes were full of small sweet pecks and groggy touches. You hadn't realized just how tired you were until you fell asleep nestled into his neck.

Flashes of light crossed your vision and your forehead felt warm, your head was pounding. You managed yourself up and stared at the lifeless body mere feet from you, "Fred!" You screamed. You ran up to his lifeless body at the same pace as Percy, "Fred, Fred no-" You set a light hand on his face, you couldn't hear Percys screams over the pounding of your head, but you knew what he was saying, you'd experienced this moment so many times, every time more heartbreaking than the last, but this time, this time is what broke you.

"Y/N, Percy, we have to move!" Ron shouted over the jumbled screams of students, death eaters, and the like. You wouldn't move till Ron pulled you and Percy off him, the look on his face would haunt you forever...

You jolted up screaming.

"Y/N?! What's wrong?" Fred jolted up. Tears welled in your eyes as you turned to see him, he was okay, he was alive. He pulled you into an embrace, "You're okay Love," He petted your head, " it was just a nightmare. You're safe." 

The door slammed open, in the doorway was Ginny, and the following suit was George and Molly.

"What's going on?" Ginny asked.

You wiped tears from your eyes, you could feel how shaky your hands were on your face. "It was just a nightmare, I'm sorry to worry you all," You looked down. Ginny approached you.

"It's okay, Y/N, don't be sorry." Ginny rubbed your back.

"Fred, can I talk to you?" Molly asked, though it wasn't really asking, she was just being polite. Fred nodded, kissed you on the head, then followed his mother. George closed the door behind them, you could still hear them loudly debating the fact that you and Fred were in the same bed.

"I'm a grown man," You heard. Despite the door between you

"Living under my roof," Molly retorted.

You soon zoned out thinking back to the nightmare, you just couldn't shake what's to come, your gaze made its way to the clock, 5 PM. Was it really that late?

The door swung open and you heard stomping down the steps. "Dinners ready," Fred stated. He made his way over to you and took your hand, "Okay?" He asked, you nodded silently. He smiled and led you downstairs, once you made it to the table he pulled the chair out for you and pushed you in once you sat down. He hurried over to his own seat between you and George. Molly soon brought out a huge array of food and the boy's favorite dessert, you all began making plates and conversing. Fred and Mrs. Weasley went about as if that argument never happened, they really are a very close family.

You spent the rest of the night playing board games with Ginny and the twins, monopoly mostly, but a couple of other muggle and wizard games too. You were nuzzled up to Fred most of the time when you weren't pouting cause you were mad at him for winning monopoly at least, which only made him laugh and call you cute.  You were having so much fun you hadn't noticed the clock, it was midnight.

"We should probably get to bed," Ginny stated followed by a yawn which ended up spreading to the rest of you causing an annoyed uproar from the twins and yourself. 

Fred gave you a light peck on the cheek, "Good night, love." He said before heading upstairs, George, Ginny, and yourself followed suit, once upstairs the four of you split up to your separate rooms, you followed Ginny to hers.

You grabbed your pajamas and headed to the bathroom to change. Once finished you returned to the room Ginny had completely passed out, you made your way to your bed, once your head hit the pillow you were out.