Chapter Eight

"Miss L/N! Wake up." You heard a familiar voice drifting away. it seemed like it was coming from miles away, but it was getting closer.

"Get her to the hospital wing, oh dear." The same voice, McGonagall, it was getting farther away now. You heard shuffling around you and the feeling of being lifted up, but suddenly everything was quiet.

You woke up in the hospital wing, your friends were around the room, Ginny was by the door speaking to McGonagall. Luna and Neville were in the middle of the room and Fred was sitting next to you.

"Y/N? She's awake!" Fred almost shouted. "How are you feeling?" He had a concerned look on his face.

"Fred Weasley, don't shout." You rubbed your head. "I'm fine, just have a headache. What happened?"

"Out of my way!" Madam Pomfrey shouted pushing past your friends. She moved her finger in front of your face, "Follow my finger." You did as you were told.

"How long was I out?" You asked the people surrounding you.

"Not long dear," Madam Pomfrey started. "It's only Monday afternoon." She walked away scribbling on a clipboard.

"Miss L/N, what were you even doing?" McGonagall asked.

"I was trying to brew a potion..." You hung your head in shame. 

"Why in merlins beard-" She stopped to regain her composure. "Mister Longbottom, Miss Weasley, and Miss Lovegood I think you should be getting to your charms class.

The three scurried out, but not before saying goodbye and wishing you well. McGonagall turned to Fred. " Mister Weasley, you're not even supposed to be here in the first place, you are neither a student nor a relative, let Miss L/N rest and I'm sure her or your sister will write you on her condition."

"Yes Professor. Bye, Y/N." Fred walked out of the door. McGonagall turned to you. The look on her face was one of confusion.

"Professor, let me explain myself, please. It was a beginner potion, It looked easy and harmless enough, I thought it would be good practice."

"Y/N," she started, "You're lucky I don't report you to the headmaster, within your first month here you've gotten into trouble twice, all within the span of two days. And messing up a beginner potion like that, for someone of your grade that's strange." You held your breath, you were sure she had found you out. McGonagall smiled at you. She shrugged. "Maybe you're just out of practice after the holidays." She stood up and headed to the door to leave, however before doing so she looked at you and winked. "Good day Miss L/N, stay out of trouble." 

Your mind was racing, you laid back to rest your head before passing out again.

You had recovered by the next afternoon and to your disappointment had been excused from the rest of the day's classes and sent to your room to rest. Approaching your room people looked at you and whispered. You heard the word death eater thrown around a bit and something about sneaking around. You ignored it and hurried to your room. Upon opening the door you noticed Luna and Ginny sat on your bed.

"Hey, Y/N," Ginny said before standing up and giving you a bear hug. 

"How are you?" Luna asked.

"Feeling much better. Thanks for asking." There was an awkward dip in the conversation. "So..." You started. "I hope I didn't miss much in the way of lessons."

"Well. not much, but obviously we were entrusted to give you your homework." Ginny said handing you an oak colored satchel filled with parchment.

"And Nevile took notes for you," Luna added handing you a satchel identical to the last.

"Thanks, guys." You said setting the satchels down. "Speaking of Neville where is he?"

"Greenhouse probably," Ginny said."He said he had something he had to do."

"Oh... I see. Hey so, one more question." You said.

"Hit me," Ginny replied.

"Have people been talking about me?" You asked sitting down on the fresh sheets. The two were silent and shifting awkwardly. "I take it my suspicions have some truth to them."

"Yes," Ginny hesitantly started. "Some people have been spreading rumors that you are a death eater because of your recent absences and how you didn't show up on the train Saturday, but somehow made it back to the grounds. and with you being an exchange student at a time like this, they think you're a spy, not to mention most of the students don't know much about your background, heck we don't even know much about your life pre-Hogwarts." A look of sadness molded on your face, Ginny noticed. "I mean, not to say we think you're a death eater." She added.

"I know, and I understand why they are spreading rumors, it's a time of panic, people do crazy things in times of stress." You sighed. "I'm really tired guys, I really should be resting, and getting to work on this homework." You laughed lightly.

"Yeah, of course, totally," Ginny said.

"Also," You stopped them before they left the room. "Tell Neville I said thanks." The nodded before walking out.

An hour into your homework and you hadn't even finished the first subject. With all the talk of death eaters, all you could think of as the impending battle, how so many people would die, how Fred would die. You'd considered trying to tell someone what is to come, telling ginny that you knew her brother and boyfriend and close friend were alright, but you also considered the side effects, if this was indeed real than what would happen to the book's timeline. for all you knew they wouldn't believe you, you would probably sound as crazy as Trelawny.  

You closed your school books, rolled up your parchment, and threw it into your trunk before flopping onto your bed. You looked up at the clock, it was just a bit past seven. You laid down and closed your eyes and made an effort to sleep.

OH, MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did it I wrote another chapter.

Yo, I am so so so so so so sorry that I had not posted an actual chapter in months, but here ya go. I'm sorry tho really, I've had massive writers block for months now, and my carpal tunnel had been acting up recently, plus if you read the last update chapter you know that whole situation with my cat, but I've been getting better with that ordeal, actually one of his daughters had a kitten (So his granddaughter) who is a bit like him (She has this thing that makes her head shake like he did). I've also been crocheting a lot and trying to get a stock for my shop in order. 

So that's pretty much it, I also can not promise another chapter very soon because I'm going to be moving in a month ad my fam hasn't even begun packing so there's that. plus writer's block is a bitch.

Most importantly I would like to thank you all for being so patient with me and this book.

Author- san