Angel (Ds! Dream x Ani)

This takes place after Dream saves Ani.

_________________________________________
_____ _ _ _

Ani was walking through the halls like they were looking for something... Or someone.

Until they came across a skeleton that that was wearing a sweater with a blue scarf on their neck. When they both made a eye contact, one of the skeleton's eye seems to be... glitching? As what the human observed.

They approach the monster, then asked.

"Do you know where I could find the Angel?"

The skeleton was somewhat confused by the question and replied them with a question.

"... Angel...?"

Noticing the confusion in the question. They just have to describe what the monster they were looking for, looked like. For they've been just calling the winged monster "Angel" or "Mr. Angel" ever since they met.

"Umm... They're a skeleton like you. ...wears a circlet like crown on their skull, bright golden wings. Can you help me know where to find them?"

Eyes widen as they finally realized who they're looking for. While also fighting back a laugh to the fact that the kid called Dream "Angel". So he showed a smile and said.

"Oh! you mean Dream. You're in luck kid, I was just heading to his office."

_________________ _ _ _

As Dream was looking through some Documents. Hearing the opened, he felt two positive aura. One was seems to be glad and the other seems to be a bit mischievous...

Not looking at their direction, he asked what they wanted from him.

Tho after hearing Blue's voice. His non-existing brows met with the hint of annoyance.

"Heya, Angel~ Someone here was looking for you~" Blue mockingly informed him.

A bit surprised of what he called him but didn't show, instead he frowned more. However, his facial expression softened when he looked over to who was Blue gesturing to.

"Ani, did you got bored staying at your room?"

"Yeah, you promised me to show me the orphanage today..."

"Oh, I must have gotten lost track of time..." He said, glancing at his table.

"It's about time that I should take a break anyways. So how about I take you there now and get you familiarize yourself the path, to go back there anytime you want." Dream continued.

Ani smiled.

While Blue just raised his brows at the sides, knowing that the winged being has forgotten his existence at the moment... He then quietly left.

Having a new found blackmail that he'll never live down... he chuckled mischievously.

_______________ _ _

As both of them are approach the door of the orphanage. Ani noticed Dream tensing. They were about to ask him when the door bust open. In a blink is an eye, Dream was on the ground with a few children piled on top of him.

Soon after, a goat lady went rushing out. Catching their breath a bit, before picking the kids off of Dream.

"Children, get up! You shouldn't just tackle Lord Dream like that!" They said, with worry clearly in her voice.

"My very sorry Dream, they are just so energetic as always..." They apologies, as the final child was finally off of Dream, giving the elder, and Ani, to help him stand up.

"No worries, Mother Torri. I was expecting that they would do that, again."

"Ahaha... Still my boy, You shouldn't be too used to it."

Listening to their small conversation while helping fix the children a bit. Ani couldn't help to be curious and confused. Turning their head to Dream and the goat lady. They ask quietly, tilting their head abit.

"... Mother?"

"Hmm? Oh, She's one of the caretaker of the orphanage and has earned the title 'mother' as of how everyone here considered her so." Dream explained

Ani made a silent "oh"

____________ _ _ _

Days pass by, Ani almost spend most of their time at the orphanage. Helping with the caretakers, playing with the kids, making arts and crafts.

Sometimes, they would ask Dream to hangout. In excuse for Dream to take breaks.

Both would have spend outdoors, often would take a stroll anywhere, or taking a rest under a shade, or like one time when they were at a field of flowers making each other flower crowns.

The two would also spend indoors. Doing arts and crafts. Well more like Ani is the one doing it while  Dream is mindlessly thinkering along.

Ani also have met Dream's brother one time. Nightmare was "casually" sneaking around.

...It wasn't the best encounter but it did got them a quite interesting impression.

They even got a front seat of the brother's fight, it was entertaining to say the least.

They guiltily wanted popcorn at the moment.

___________ _ _ _

Laying on the bed as Ani was once again sick— Which have happened from time to time during their stay at JR.

As days like this happened, a yellow monster that looks like some small dinosaur would take care of them every time. Goes by the name Beth. Tho in another universe she is known with another name and we can easily identify them for every stutter she would make and their love for science.

Ani could say that she's quite a Boss in looking over her health. She's also their accompany throughout her lonely days while being bed ridden.

Meanwhile for Dream, would struggle to visit as much as he can.

...

Tho they know that they are getting weaker. It didn't stop them from enjoying their short life.

Dream to knew, that they won't live long. Having that they have investigate long time ago, why they were on the roof of an hospital...

Spending time with them as they can. He long time got attached to Ani. And no matter what he do, there won't be a cure for it. So this was the only solution they have.

_____ _ _ _

Years passed, Dream tidied up the tombstone as they replaced the rotten flowers with new ones.

They been visiting Ani's grave, at least once a week, since they were buried. If he isn't drowned from all the work that needed to be done though— as Blue would always disturb (annoy) him.

Dream stayed there a bit longer. Remembering the time they had together.

Surprisingly for him, he handled their death better than he thought he would. He always thought that he would at least feel down for a week or something.

But then again...

Ani wouldn't want them to mourn.

_________________________________________

A/N:

Truth be told, I wasn't sure how I would end this or even do this, in general. And I was surprised that it reached up to 1000+ words. (Not counting this a/n)

... Anyways...

There's not much interaction but I hope you still enjoyed.

How's my writing, btw? Are you ok with my writing? Does the story seem horrible? I feel like it's not good enough... I'll just edit and word it better, in the future.

Well–

Bye now~♡︎