Chapter 1

'I don't wanna go! I hate it there!', I cried.

'Don't be stubborn and get ready.', my mom said

'No! I won't go to that stupid party!', I said adamantly.

'Eveline, don't test my patience!!', my mom yelled annoyed.

'Mom, please!', I begged her.

'Eveline you're going and it's final!', my dad joined in.

'But dad-', I tried to argue but realized it was of no use.

Before I could say anything they both left. I angrily plopped onto the bed.

"Gaah! A party at the Wilton's? Boring AF! They've been married for 30 years and had 29 anniversaries already, why do they need another one?!" I ranted to myself scratching my head.

Oh yeah, I am Evelin Jones, a 23 years old adult who gets treated like a little kid.

I don't want to go to that party but my parents are stubborn as ever. Mr. Wilton is my dad's best friend and ofc he wants us to come to his boring party.

'I hate you all!!', I shouted at the wall letting out all my frustration.

I was lying on my bed thinking how I'd even make it through the day when I heard my phone ring.

I picked up the call without looking at the id and snapped, "Who is this?!" cause I was already pissed off.

The person on the other side went silent in an awkward way.

"What do you want?!" I screamed in the phone.

'Calm down sis, it's me. What happened?', The caller said. I sighed in relief when I recognized the voice.

'Serena! Cuz, don't even ask. My parents want me to attend that boring party.', I said ranting to her out of frustration.

'The party that the Wiltons are hosting?', Serena asked.

'Yeah, I don't wanna go but Mr. Wilton specifically asked for me to go! Like, can you believe this?',

'Man, it must be rough. I know, I'll go with you. We can survive somehow if we're together.', Serena said giggling.

I got up from my bed and exclaimed, 'Really? That's great! I don't know what I'd do without you, Serena.',

'Anything for my fav- mom is calling me, see you later.',

'Okay bye, Serena!', I said.

'Goodbye, Eve!', she said and hung up.

I let out a sigh and looked at my phone. The wallpaper of all my friends always made me smile. The clock informed me it was 4 o clock.

'Two hours left, huh?' I said to myself.

I went to the bathroom and took a warm shower. I dried my hair and went to the closet to pick a dress.

 I dried my hair and went to the closet to pick a dress

I left my hair down and did minimal makeup.

'Eveline are you-', My mom stopped mid-sentence as soon as she saw me.

'You're looking so beautiful', She said.

'Thanks mom',

'Serena is here, she is waiting for you', She said.

'Why is she here?', I asked.

'Her parents can't make it so she is going with us',

'Oh ok', I said. I grabbed my heels and went downstairs to see her waiting for me.

'Hey serena', I greeted.

'Hey Ev, you're looking beautiful', She said and winked at me.

'You too', I said.

'Thanks', She said

'Thanks', She said.

'Let's go princesses', Dad said.

We all got on the car and Dad started to drive. I leaned my head against the seat and sighed.

This is going to be a long night..........
_______________________________________

Hope you liked it. Please let me know how was it.