𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾- 𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳

STEPPING OUT OF the fireplace, Alex immediately walked into the Hogwarts Express, not looking at anyone.

Pretending that he was oblivious to everybody's looks, he held his head up high.

When he finally reached the Slytherin compartments, he sat down, and a few minutes later, Draco, Blaise, Pansy, and Daphne were sitting in the same compartment with him.

"Hogwarts," scoffed Draco as the train started moving. "What a pathetic excuse for a school. I think I'd rather pitch myself off the Astronomy tower if I thought that I'd have to continue for another two years."

Alex ignored him and started reading a book he had brought with him.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Pansy frowned.

"Let's just say I won't be wasting my time in charms class next year."

Alex immediately looked up from his book as he heard a movement, then made eye contact with Daphne Greengrass— who looked like she had noticed the same thing.

Blaise accidentally let out a chuckle, oblivious to what was happening.

"Amused, Blaise?" drawled Draco. "We'll see who's laughing in the end."

«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶

When the train finally stopped hours later, Alex motioned for the others to go.

They all left except for Daphne.

He raised an eyebrow. "I believe I told you to leave."

Daphne ignored him, pointing her wand at the seemingly empty place. "Petrificus Totalus!"

He turned around when something fell, and walked to it. Pulling the invisibility cloak off, he realized it was Harry Potter. "Greengrass, I suggest you leave."

"What are you going to do?" Daphne mocked. "Kill him?"

"Yes."

"Oh for Merlin's sake," She put the invisibility cloak back on Potter and grabbed Alex's wrist, walking out of the train.

"Let me go," his voice was deadly calm.

"Oh, sorry," she let go, sitting down on the last carriage, not making any space for him. "You can walk back to the castle."

"Or I can charm your thestral to not move and you'll be having to walk back, too."

"A thestral?" frowned the girl in confusion.

Alex's eyes hardened, but he didn't reply, merely turning around.

«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶

"Where were you?" asked Draco immediately when Alex sat down next to him in the great hall.

Alex didn't reply, glancing at Daphne.

"Very best of evenings to you all," started Dumbledore as everyone quietened down. "First off, let me introduce the newest member of our staff. Horace Slughorn. Professor Slughorn, I'm happy to say, has agreed to resume his old post as Potions Master. Meanwhile, the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts will be taken by Professor Snape."

The Slytherins all politely clapped.

"As you know, each and every one of you were searched upon your arrival here tonight. And you have the right to know why. Once, there was a young man. Like you, sat in this very hall. Walked this castle's corridors. Slept under it's roof. You see, to all the world, a student like any other. His name: Tom Riddle," continued Dumbledore calmly.

Alex pretended he didn't notice the looks he was getting from the other houses.

"Today of course, is known all over the world by another name. Which is why as I stand, looking out upon you all tonight, I'm reminded of a sobering fact. Every day, every hour, this very minute, perhaps... dark forces attempt to penetrate this castle's walls. But in the end, that greatest weapon is you. Just something to think about. Now off to bed, pip pip!"

"That was cheerful," grumbled Blaise sarcastically as they all stood up, walking back to their common rooms.

"Why were you actually late?" Draco asked again, and if Alex didn't know any better, he would've thought he heard concern in Draco's voice.

"Doesn't matter," replied Alex, eyes finding Daphne again— who was walking with Pansy, talking about something cheerfully.

«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶

When Alex was finally back in his dorm, he sat down on the bed.

His dorm was actually different, not like the other dorms. It was painted black, and the furniture was all dark green. And unlike everyone else, he had his dorm all to himself.

His head snapped up when he noticed a letter on his desk.

He stood up and walked over to it.

Grabbing the letter, he tensed, noticing the Bulgarian Ministry symbol.

He reluctantly opened it and started reading,

'Mister Riddle,

We are investigating the death of Andrei Elian, and are requesting to do an interview with you by Yule.

-Bulgarian Minister of Magic,
Oblansk.'

"Shit," cursed Alex immediately.