𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖾𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇- 𝘧𝘶𝘯

WALKING OUT OF the meeting room an hour later, Alex glanced at the man next to him. "You did good," said Voldemort, who then walked back into the meeting room.

Alex let out a breath, shaking his head.

"Figured you needed a drink," said a voice, catching his attention.

"How did you know where I am?"

"I didn't," shrugged Daphne, showing him the glass of alcohol. "It's whiskey."

"I can get drinks for myself, thanks."

Daphne nodded. "Suit yourself. Did Draco tell you the news?"

He gritted his teeth, not replying, walking up the stairs.

"You're not supposed to leave the ball. Especially not if it's hosted in your manor," Daphne pointed out in worry. "You're going to be shamed by the whole pureblood community."

"I'm the Dark lord's son," said Alex. "I won't be shamed by a community that bows down to my father."

She became quiet, staring at him. "Can I come? I'd love to see the Slytherin manor's upstairs."

Alex's face remained stoic. His eyes found somebody— who was walking by with Blaise.

"Sure, Greengrass."

Draco turned around just in time to see Alex and Daphne walk upstairs together.

«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶

The next morning, Alex Riddle woke up to somebody in his bed.

He stared at the sleeping person for a few seconds, then stood up and got changed.

Last night, a few things led to another with Daphne, and the next thing they knew, they were in the same bed.

Alex walked out of his room and walked downstairs. A few minutes later, he was in the kitchen.

Ignoring his father, who was reading the daily prophet, he grabbed a glass of orange juice and drank it.

"Where were you after the meeting?" asked Tom, no longer having his glamour on.

"I was busy."

"Busy with what?"

"It's not important," replied the boy, walking out of the kitchen.

A few minutes later, he was back in his room.

Daphne, who was getting dressed, turned around. "This stays between us, right?"

"Of course," nodded Alex, not looking at her. "Aren't you supposed to get betrothed in a few months, anyway?"

She groaned. "Don't remind me."

He rolled his eyes.

Daphne walked to the fireplace in his room and took a handful of floo powder, looking at Alex one last time. "I had fun, Alex. Greengrass manor!" She shouted the last two words, vanishing out of sight a few seconds later.

Alex ran a hand through his hair, tugging on it anxiously.

His head snapped up when he heard an owl.

Rushing to open the window, Alex let the owl fly in— watching as a letter fell from its beak to his hands.

He stared at it, then gave it back to the owl unopened. "Send it back to him."

The owl nodded and flew away immediately.

Alex won't reply to Draco's letters. He didn't have a reason to.