𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇- 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯

THAT NIGHT, ALEX walked into the Slytherin common room, frowning when he realized that there was a huge party. "What's going on?"

Draco, who was nearest, shrugged. "They threw a party because apparently it was needed— because we're all back from Yule break and need something to cheer us up."

"Did they forget a war is on the rise?"

Draco's nostrils flared. Making sure his voice was steady, he replied, "Seems so."

Alex watched as he walked away and sat down next to Pansy, who seemed to be all over him in an instant.

The boy sneered in disgust and turned back around, planning to leave the party, when somebody called his name.

"Riddle!"

He stopped, raising an eyebrow when the person walked up to him.

"Leaving already?" asked Daphne, swirling the drink in her hand. "Where to?"

"None of your business."

Daphne sighed. "I want to apologize, Riddle. I had no right to say those things."

"At least you're self-aware," mumbled Alex sarcastically, refusing to look at her.

"Alex, there's nothing wrong with caring—"

"Do not call me by my first name. I haven't given you the permission to do so. And whatever I care for— or lack thereof— is none of your business." Alex finally walked out of the common room immediately after that, refusing to turn around.

«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»

As soon as Alex stepped into the Astronomy tower, he walked to the edge and lit up a cigarette, looking at the view.

"Will you ever stop smoking?"

He immediately turned around at that voice, shaking his head. "Don't expect me to."

Draco's lips quirked for a second. He walked up to him, standing right next to him, looking up at the stars. "Thanks," he mumbled when he was offered one, taking it. He released a breath, suddenly a bit nervous. "Can you light it up for me?"

Alex exhaled the smoke from his mouth, his own cigarette between his fingers. He pulled out a lighter from his pocket and touched Draco's jaw softly in an attempt for it to be easier, making the boy look at him.

He lit the cigarette for him, not looking into the grey eyes that were staring at him.

When he was done, Alex let his hands fall to his sides, then took a drag from his cigarette and looked at the view.

Draco looked away, rubbing his eyes with his hand. "Why did you leave the party?"

"Didn't have a reason to stay," murmured the other boy lowly— Draco almost didn't hear him. "Why did you?"

"Didn't have a reason to stay either."

"Here." Alex took something out from his pocket, giving it to the boy next to him. "It's a pack of poison. Put it in a drink and make sure the drink gets sent to Dumbledore. He'll die within a few hours."

It was the same pack of poison he had bought from Knockturn alley months ago.

Draco took it, giving him a grateful smile, even though Alex didn't see. "Thank you, Alex."

Alex didn't reply and threw his cigarette to the ground, crushing it with his feet.

He walked to the stairs and didn't turn around, "Goodnight, Draco." He said, then vanishing out of sight as he walked away.