𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝗇𝗂𝗇𝖾- 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘩

"HERE YOU GO, Ma'am," said the nurse, giving Daphne the baby boy.

It was two months later, and a lot had happened. Voldemort had died in the war and the death eaters were getting rounded up and sent to Azkaban.

Draco was safe, though. Harry Potter had vouched for him in the Ministry, claiming that Draco was forced to be a death eater and stuff. It was safe to say that Draco was shocked, and so was the whole Wizarding world.

Daphne was safe, too. She wasn't a death eater, but she did have relationships with death eaters, which was being ignored.

She was heartbroken when she found out about Alex's death. Never had something broken her heart like that. She was still grieving, but knew she had to be strong for her baby boy. For their baby boy.

The baby boy she just birthed. Alone.

"He's beautiful," whispered Daphne as soon as her son was in her arms.

"What will you name him?" asked the nurse, looking at the mother and son in concern and a bit of pity.

"Atlas," smiled Daphne. "Atlas Alex Riddle."

The nurse nodded and walked away.

Daphne didn't look away from the newborn in her arms. When he opened his eyes, she let out a small gasp, her eyes starting to tear up.

"You have your father's eyes," she whispered to the baby, kissing his forehead softly.

A few minutes later, the nurse walked back. "Ma'am, there are two people wanting to come in. Should I let them?"

"Yeah," said Daphne with a nod, already knowing who it was.

The nurse nodded and walked away.

A gasp made Daphne look up. Her eyes lightened up when she saw her sister.

"He's adorable!" said Astoria Greengrass in awe, rushing over to her older sister and her new nephew.

Daphne let out a small laugh, then looked at the boy by the doorway. "You can come in, Draco."

Draco swallowed and shook his head, not looking at her or the baby.

Astoria looked at her betrothed in concern, then looked away. "Who are going to be the godparents?"

Daphne smiled. "You're going to be the godmother. Draco's the godfather."

Draco's head snapped up. Ignoring Astoria's excited squeals, his eyes widened. "What?"

Daphne motioned for the boy to come. "Draco, please come."

The boy finally started walking, eyes stuck on the baby. When he was near enough, he felt his eyes tearing up at the baby's blue eyes. "He has his eyes."

"I know how much Alex meant to you," said Daphne. "So.. do you accept being his godfather?"

Draco nodded. "Of course."

Daphne gave him a small smile, then looked at the baby again.

"What's his name?" asked Astoria.

"Atlas Alex Riddle."

Astoria nodded, still looking at the baby in awe.

"Do you want to hold him?" offered Daphne.

Her sister immediately shook her head. "I'm too scared I'll drop him."

Daphne let out a chuckle. "What about you, Draco?"

Draco stilled. "I— sure, I guess."

When the baby was in his arms a few seconds later, Draco's lips quirked upwards. "He's adorable."

"He is, isn't he?" Astoria questioned, next to her betrothed.

Draco nodded.

Daphne's smile faded, and so did Draco's as they both thought the same thing.

"Alex should've been here," whispered Daphne. "He was so excited for the baby."

Draco tried swallowing the lump in his throat. "Maybe in another life, Daphne."